Equity Research - Associate Analyst
Our mission as a leading investment management firm is to help our clients achieve their long-term financial goals. We believe our associates are the key to this mission and we are always looking for talented individuals who share our commitment to our client's success.
If you're looking for challenging work experiences and the ability to learn in a collaborative culture, we invite you to explore the opportunities available at T. Rowe Price.
The Equities Research Associate Analyst will support senior Research Analysts and Portfolio managers in assimilating information and reaching investment decisions. The position will be broad and varied involving attending company meetings, conducting field research, forecasting profits & cash flow as well as valuing businesses. Working alongside experienced investors on our global platform will help you learn the necessary skills to develop into a successful investor PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES
PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES / SKILLS / QUALIFICATIONS Required
- Models corporate financial statements into the future (minimum of 3 years) to assess potential company earnings and/or cash flow.
- Evaluates corporate financial statement outputs to assess the worth of the company using multiple techniques such as discounted cash flow analysis, price-to-earnings ratio and price-to-cash flow ratios.
- Participates in conference calls to review companies' quarterly earnings and quickly assimilates the information to assist the Analysts in their investment decisions.
- Handles various projects such as analysis of competitive funds, managing stock watch lists for possible buys/sells, and quantitative screening of companies which in turn provides information to Portfolio Managers and Analysts that help make them more effective in their buy/sell decisions.
- Academic excellence.
- Strong and demonstrable financial analysis including accounting & financial modelling skills.
- Strong interest and knowledge of financial markets, especially Equities.
- Keen interest in investing.
- Strong communication, interpersonal skills and a good writer.
- Fluency in Japanese
- Personal and/or professional investment experience (i.e. internships)
- 1 to 3 years of relevant experience (buy-side, sell-side, M&A banking, private equity)
- CFA qualification or in progress
- Competitive nature
- Experience with market data services (ex. Factset, Bloomberg etc.)
T. Rowe Price is an Equal Opportunity Employer