- Tokyo, Tokyo-to, Japan
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan McKinley - Tokyo
- 15 Oct 18
Strategic role in global consumer brand Tokyo office. Responsible: F&A roles, working with local GM, critical interface with regional/global offices.
- Directs, reviews, and/or performs accounting department functions including internal financial reporting (including Budget and forecast) , general ledger accounting, accounts payable, accounts receivable, cost accounting, local and country tax compliance, payroll and inventory accounting
- Manages monthly forecast process using information to assess health of the office, bringing issues to management's attention.
- Works closely with department heads on the development of and adherence to office and department annual budgets and forecasts.
- Establishes and maintains the company's accounting practices, principles and procedures in compliance with Japanese financial and tax laws.
- Works with internal and external stakeholders, helping achieve profitability by identifying when additional fee negotiations are necessary, developing tracking processes to assess job status and providing timely profit/loss information.
- 8 years experience in Financial management role, preferably in an international professional services company or similar.
- Experience managing employees.
- University degree.
- Exceptional communication skills in Japanese and English.
- Ability to interact with employees, clients and vendors at a variety of levels and across functions.
- A demonstrated track record of gaining trust and respect by consistently demonstrating sound critical thinking skills and maintaining composure in stressful situations.
- Exceptional initiative and follow through skills.
- Ability to prioritize and efficiently handle a variety of tasks at once.
About our client
My client is a well-known global consumer brand with a very established business here in Japan that it is keen to take to the next level. Work place environment is dynamic and fast-moving and the ideal candidate is someone who can be an effective bridge between stakeholders as well as an effective interface with overseas management.
Morgan McKinley Asia Pac is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.