Fixed Income Controller
- Tokyo, Tokyo-to, Japan Tokyo Tokyo-to JP
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 21 Jul 18 2018-07-21
See job description for details
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries. As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career ? a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
The Financial Control Group (FCG) is responsible for overseeing the accounting and financial and regulatory reporting for the Firm. FCG prepares external financial reports for public filings and regulators. For internal reporting FCG, along with Financial Planning and Analysis (FPA), summarizes, plans and forecasts the organization?s financial position, including income statements, balance sheets, and analyses of future revenues, expenses and earnings. FCG is comprised of Business Unit Controllers, Infrastructure Controllers, Accounting, Regulatory and Reporting groups, and Valuation Review.
We are looking to hire an Associate/Manager for the Fixed Income P&L team who will be responsible for:
- Supervising and reviewing the daily P&L production, attribution analysis, and new trade review for one or more of the groups/trading books
- Sales and client profitability reporting
- Month-end book close and review
- Review of the front to back reconciliation process
- Day-to-day liaising with the trading desk, Market Risk Control Dept, Operations, Valuation Review Group and others regarding issues relating to P&L.
- Other ad hoc duties
The products that are traded on this desk includes:
- Vanilla Interest Rate Derivative / Futures
- Interest Rate / Fx Options
- CVA/FVA on OTC derivative
The candidate will be supervising Mumbai controller team responsible for P&L production and reconciliation.
- Strong motivation to learn and understand desk?s business.
- Strong problem solving skills
- CPA preferable but not necessary
- Microsoft Excel knowledge, end user level visual basics preferred.
- Eye for detail, with an ability to interpret large amounts of data
- Work and communicate effectively with trading desk, other location team members.
- Be a team player
- Be flexible and self motivated
- Have ownership mentality
- Product control experience, either Equity or Fixed Income preferable