Full Stack Software Engineer (Synthetics Products Group) - Equities Technology
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
What We Do
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don't just make things - we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action.
At Goldman Sachs, our culture is one of teamwork, innovation and meritocracy. We often say our people are our greatest asset and we take pride in supporting each colleague both professionally and personally. From collaborative work spaces and mindfulness classes to working from home and flexible work options, we offer our people the support they need to reach their goals in and outside the office.
Business Area Description:
The Synthetic Product Group (SPG) business offers institutional clients and hedge funds products which are optimal with respect to tax, balance sheet and funding. Business revenues come from commissions, financing and dividends through the trading of CFD and Equity Swap OTC instruments alongside futures, ETFs and structured products. It is part of a front to back alignment where engineers are embedded with the revenue generating part of the business. This provides opportunities to partner closely across the SPG organization to deliver the firm even more effectively and efficiently to our clients.
As a full-stack developer in the Cross Product Engineering team, you will be part of a global team that closely collaborates with trading, strategists, operations and other engineering teams to build innovative solutions with a focus on corporate actions across the equity business. In this role, you will be working on initiatives to scale the processing of corporate actions, optimize workflows and develop new features to improve asset servicing for clients. You will be participating in the full product lifecycle from requirements & design, implementation, metrics gathering and data analysis, and monitoring system performance. RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS Responsibilities
Basic Qualification s
- Design, build and maintain high-performance, scalable solutions on the firm's strategic platform for corporate actions booking and workflow management.
- Use data to guide intelligent decision-making, developing or enhancing tools as necessary to collect it
- Communicate with business and engineering teams globally to automate and solve business problems.
- Bachelor or Master's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent experience
- 3 + years of professional experience in full-stack software development
- Hands-on experience with Java/C++/Python
- A solid understanding of object-oriented programming concepts, data structures and algorithms as well as systems design
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work in a team as well as independently
- Strong analytical, critical thinking and problem solving skills
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
- Working experience in the financial industry
- Financial knowledge and good understanding of Equities Synthetic or Derivative products
- Prior experience in Web or UI development such as Angular/React
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2021. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity