• Partner with product strategists in the same team, investment teams, editorial, sales and marketing teams to create an ongoing content roadmap for Japan, including recommendations on macro and thought leadership themes in support of distribution strategy.
• Create and present global macro investment communications to clients and the media at round table events, seminars and client meetings.
• Collaborate with global teams to ensure Japanese client needs are well understood and centrally produced materials are relevant locally with minimal need for re-writing to localize.
• Content includes but is not limited to global macro short-term & long-term outlooks, whitepapers, and other thought leadership materials.
• Be a visible champion for engagement activity (including ESG).
• Proactively join to the idea generation of new product opportunities from a macro perspective in support of new product development
• Ensure materials are accessible to different distribution channels and client segments through a thorough understanding of client needs and adapt the product communications where necessary.
• Analytical skills, macro economy and financial market knowledge.
• Experience working in the asset management industry essential.
• Preferably degree educated with CMA / CFA.
• Typically has 15 or more years experiences of equity analyst or macro strategist with proven track record in investment writing, project management, data management research and analysis.
• Superior contents production and presentation skills.
• Attention to detail and a high level of accuracy is essential.
• Competent understanding of the dynamics and needs of Japanese clients.
• Fluent English and Japanese (written and verbal).
• Strong desire to deliver high quality services to our clients.