Human Resources - HR Business Partner, Director / VP, Tokyo
- Tokyo, Tokyo-to, Japan Tokyo Tokyo-to JP
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 17 Jun 18 2018-06-17
See job description for details
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 747 offices in 42 countries.
Morgan Stanley Human Resources provides advice and insight to attract, retain, reward and develop a talented global workforce, giving employees the support and tools they need to succeed. Our HR professionals partner with each of the firm's businesses to provide a full range of services including: human capital planning; creating strategies to attract, develop and reward employees; promoting a diverse workforce; fostering employee engagement; designing competitive pay and benefit plans; and proactively addressing employee matters.
HR Generalist (Business Partner) in the Tokyo office, providing dedicated generalist support to Operations and Technology departments.
He/she must be able to operate effectively across the full range of HR disciplines and be able to work with managers and colleagues at all levels across the business. This role offers the right candidate an excellent opportunity to work in partnership with the business on a range of strategic initiatives.
Actively work with business leaders, employees, and global and regional HR colleagues to support the day-to-day needs of the client groups in recruiting, employee relations, talent management and reward/compensation.
- Work proactively with the business on creating hiring plans and reinforcing creative solutions around talent acquisition
- Partner with the business to understand resource requirements and assist with headcount planning and reports
- Understand and apply applicable policies and approvals processes
- Actively market Morgan Stanley value proposition to prospective candidates
- Conduct on-boarding (for senior hires) and exit processes
Ø Employee Relations
- Work with the business, employment counsel, employee relations in HR, legal, and compliance (as appropriate) to interpret and apply Morgan Stanley policies and procedures
- Advise and coach managers across a wide range of employee relations issues taking into account best practice, legislative framework and commercial outcome
- Influence managers and work with them to deal effectively and appropriately with the management of a range of performance issues
Ø Talent Management
- Leverage analytical data to advise managers/business on workforce management and talent strategy including succession plan & development plan
- Partner with the business to drive and reinforce the Diversity & Inclusion agenda and the firm’s Culture and Core Value
- Drive Work Style Reform ( Hatarakikata-kaikaku ) to have better Work Life Balance and pursue employee engagement while not sacrificing business performance.
- Monitor the performance evaluation process to ensure timely and effective communication
- Support managers who have specific performance issues they wish to address through the evaluation process
- Administer and manage performance ranking discussions/process and promotion processes
- Within the context of business priorities, work proactively with managers to identify and develop top talent and successors to critical roles
Ø Reward and Compensation
- Partner with managers, data team and HR counterparts in other locations to manage the annual Year End compensation processes
- Advise managers to ensure pay for performance, parity of awards, robust assessment of promotion candidates, necessary documentation etc.
- Stay abreast of market developments to ensure ability to proactively provide business with valuable market insight
- Own completion of monthly audits, in order to ensure accurate and reliable data, giving guidance as necessary
Skills and Qualifications Required:
- University degree and 6+ years of Human Resources experience. Generalist experience is ideal but not mandatory.
- Strong client focus with outstanding judgment, analytical skills, critical thinking, influencing skills
- Strong communication skills, verbal and written. English fluency/native required (Japanese skills - nice to have)
- Culture carrier of Morgan Stanley culture conduct and value
- Build strong relationships with colleagues locally and globally both within and outside of HR, sharing ideas and information; able to navigate the organization effectively
- Able to deal with the uncertainties of an evolving, dynamic organization
- Strong interpersonal and negotiation skills with ability to manage conflict and build consensus
- Strong team-work mentality, willing to contribute Firm and HR initiatives outside day to day responsibilities
- Engage in reasoned dialogue on a variety of issues, to be flexible, and affect change
- A self-starter with strong project management skills
- Able to work in a fast-paced, high change environment
- Strong attention to detail with excellent prioritization skills
- Willingness to adopt and enjoy Asian culture