Japan-based Infrastructure Investment, Director
- Not Specified
- Tokyo, Tokyo-to, Japan Tokyo Tokyo-to JP
- Permanent, Full time
- 21 Jul 18 2018-07-21
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of March 31, 2018, the firm managed approximately $6.317 trillion in assets on behalf of
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of March 31, 2018, the firm managed approximately $6.317 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide. For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock.
An opportunity to join the Renewable Power Equity investment team within BlackRock Alternative Investors (“BAI”) as Director – Investment. The role will be Tokyo based.
The role will be as Director – Investment with responsibility for leading the origination, commercial evaluation and transaction team for potential investments by the Renewable Power Equity platform in Japan. The ideal candidate will have direct experience in the Japanese market and a deep network and understanding of the industry. The role will include managing multiple transactions and team members as well as presenting to internal committees and assisting in fund raising.
• Project Commercial Lead: managing internal investment team and third parties (i.e., legal, technical, etc) in the structuring, negotiations, and closing of multiple transactions each year. This role will serve as the senior investment professional for the Japanese market. The individual will be expected to prioritize and strategize in the market as well as present final investment papers to the Management Committee as well as the Investment Committee.
• Investment Opportunity Origination: Leverage existing network along with the expanded network of the Renewable Power Equity Team to source creative, original investment opportunities that fit the target strategy.
• Deal assessment and execution: working with the team to assess and execute renewable energy project investments. This will include conducting due diligence, financial review, preparation of presentation material for Investment Committee etc.
• Market research: including research on potential investments, renewable energy policy, competitors, technology etc.
• Portfolio monitoring: assist in the monitoring of investments in the portfolio
• Investor Relations: Support both directly and indirectly the continued fund raising as well as working with potential and existing limited partners through the project and fund due diligence process.
As we are a small team the responsibilities will be broader than outlined above.
Skills and Qualifications:
Candidates will have experience in the energy industry focusing on project financing and financial assumptions for capital and operating costs. Experience in renewable energy (wind and solar) is a requirement. To be effective in the role candidates should have the following background and experience:
• Lead investment teams on structuring and closing renewable energy project financings
• Direct personnel management experience
• Evaluating the final reports and underlying assumptions for energy production forecasts
• Experience in originating new investment opportunities
• Solid understanding of the technical aspects of renewable energy projects
• Maintain and develop a network for sourcing future investment opportunities
• Able to manage workload effectively and deliver quality work on schedule
• A keen interest in renewable energy infrastructure investment
• Highly rated in their career to date
• Fluency in Japanese and English is a requirement
• Strong academic background
• Enthusiasm and commitment to working in a friendly, entrepreneurial, team environment
Points of appeal for candidates
• Significant investment exposure on projects/deals
• Experienced senior team with strong team values
• Collaborative and entrepreneurial work environment
• Strong brand in the renewable energy and fund management industry
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.