Junior C++/KDB Developer for Equity
- Tokyo, Tokyo-to, Japan
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 15 Oct 18
See job description for details
About the Company
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services Firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm’s employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 747 offices in 42 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture
The Index and Structured Products E-Trading group at Morgan Stanley is specialized in providing the Trading technology for the Equity Swaps business and general position management for the Equity Division. We are responsible for the architecture, design and development of the platform that enables seamless order capture, advanced position management & optimization, exception handling, hedge automation and related business functions.
We are looking for a smart, innovative, results-oriented individual to join our global backend development team. The role involves business and technical requirement analysis, design, hands-on development in a distributed architecture environment. An ideal candidate will have enterprise project experience and a balanced knowledge of data structures, algorithms, object-oriented concepts, multithreading / synchronization issues, networking, and relational databases. The successful candidate is expected to work with the colleagues around the globe and hence excellent English communication (verbal and written) is a must.
* 2-4 years core development experience
* Solid software engineering principles (data structures & algorithms, OO, SOLID, design patterns, multithreading, networking)
* Good C/C++ skills
* Good troubleshooting and debugging skills
* Good database knowledge (SQL, stored procs, schema design)
* Proficiency in XML, SOAP and Linux/Unix; e.g. shell scripting, process management
* Working knowledge of a scripting language; Python and/or Perl preferred
* Experience in formal software development lifecycle (SDLC)
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills (English)
* Experience in test driven development and frameworks like GTest
* Experience with Git and Git workflows
* Experience designing and developing large scale distributed client/server systems a bonus
* Front Office (Sales & Trading) development experience
* Knowledge of FIX protocol related to order management
* Project management abilities
* Knowledge in KDB/Q+ system a bonus
Equal Opportunity Statement
Morgan Stanley’s goal is to build and maintain a workforce that is diverse in experience and background but uniform in reflecting our standards of integrity and excellence. Consequently, our recruiting efforts reflect our desire to attract and retain the best and brightest from all talent pools. We want to be the first choice for prospective employees.
It is the policy of the Firm to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital and civil partnership/union status, pregnancy (including unlawful discrimination on the basis of a legally protected pregnancy/maternity leave), veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversifying its workforce (M/F/D/V).