LNG Operator, Physical; Location: Japan - Tokyo; Salary: Highly Attractive
We are currently working with one of Japan's top commodities trading house who is seeking to hire an experienced LNG Operator to support their trading team in Tokyo, Japan. In this exciting growth phase of the company, they are looking for an experienced and motivated operator to value add to the team.
Responsibilities: (Includes but not limited to)
* Handle cargo operational requirements including nominations for ships, delivery window, demurrage, quality and quantity of LNG, etc.
* Handle shipping operation work including drafting voyage instructions, arranging bunker, monitoring LNG Vessels' performance, managing demurrage, etc.
* Support trading team in scheduling FOB lifting and DES deliveries
* Engage in vessel scheduling and documentation
* Ensure calculations and contracts are accurate
* Work closely and coordinate with internal and external stakeholders including but not limited to counterpart operators, commercial, shipping, back office, etc.
* Ad-hoc monitoring of related agreements, TCP, and LNG-related international regulations
* Other tasks assigned by management team
* At least 5-7 years of experience in Oil & Gas operations (Petroleum products, Petrochemicals or LNG/LPG)
* Experience in LNG cargo and shipping operations will be advantageous
* Tank management experience will be a plus
* Fluent in Japanese language
* Currently based in or is open to be based in Tokyo
* Strong interpersonal skills, networking skills, and written communication skills
Candidates applying for the role should be meticulous, hardworking, and initiative driven.