Operations, Regulatory & Control Ops Subdiv - Tax Processing Ops, Analyst, Tokyo
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB WHO WE ARE
Goldman Sachs is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of services worldwide to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and high net-worth individuals. Founded in 1869, it is one of the oldest and largest investment banking firms in the world. The firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in London, Bangalore, Frankfurt, Tokyo, Hong Kong and other major financial centres around the world. We are committed to growing our distinctive culture and upholding our core values, which always place our client's interests first. These values are reflected in our Business Principles, which emphasize integrity, commitment to excellence, innovation and teamwork. OUR IMPACT
Operations is a multi-faceted division that partners with all areas of the firm to deliver banking, sales and trading and asset management capabilities to clients around the world. Alongside this vital service delivery role, Operations provides essential risk management and control, preserving and enhancing the firm's assets and its reputation.
Tax Operations is responsible for maintaining the integrity of the firm's compliance with tax reporting authorities across the globe. The Tax Analytics & Control team maintains the integrity of transaction tax and withholding tax on cash flows on daily basis. The team also has responsibility analyzing new or additional regulations on tax implications on cash flows, reporting, and documentations; reviewing product areas that are the focus of tax authorities; designing process set-ups to handle regulatory changes; reviewing system changes that may impact tax processes; and tax process change and improvements. In addition, the group provides operational tax support for new business opportunities and emerging jurisdictions explored by different businesses of the firm. RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Grow with the team; develop an in-depth understanding of complex tax regulations, drive change management initiatives, and partner with our stakeholders to initiate the department's target operating model
- Develop expert knowledge, and comprehensive understanding in tax requirements across 16 Asia markets (cross products) through our key processes
- Manage risk for front to back Tax process to support our clients and business
- Analyze and implement any commercial benefit for the business, by developing your understanding in Tax and affiliated processes
- The role offers broad exposure to many divisions and groups within the firm, including Corporate Tax, Sales and Trading, Legal, Finance, Technology, and Operations
- Partner with a team of business analysts to review the operational and tax aspects of new regulatory rules and new business initiatives
- Showcase your/team's value add by ensuring a holistic review of business requirements and impact assessments on tax processes for new markets, new products, business reorganizations, system changes and new/changed tax regulations
- Use your inquisitive mind set to identify control weakness, mitigate risk, and improve current processes, procedures and reports including automation of manual processes
- Proactive and self-starting individual with solid teamwork skills
- Flexible, and ability to learn quickly
- Minimum four years post graduate work experience with exposure to securities product, or Operations role
- Analytical thinker with the ability to generate innovative ideas and initiate strategy to execution
- Problem solving and documentation skills with an ability to understand complex workflows
- Excellent communication skills with an ability to influence senior business stakeholders and make decisions
- Proven ability to organize and prioritize workload and drive results, multi-tasker
- Strong attention to detail
- Japanese language skills (native level preferred) and English (business level or more)
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
- Bilingual - Mandarine/Cantonese or any other Asian language proficiency is a plus
- Experience with change management or process improvement
- Business intelligence (BI, AI) experience/skill is a plus
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity