Production support analyst
- Tokyo, Tokyo-to, Japan Tokyo Tokyo-to JP
- Permanent, Full time
- Bank Of America / Merrill Lynch
- 19 Aug 18 2018-08-19
Production support analyst
About Bank of America Merrill Lynch:
Our purpose as a firm is to make financial lives better, through the power of every connection. Across the world, we partner with leading corporate and institutional investors through our offices in more than 40 countries. In the U.S alone, we serve almost all Fortune 500 companies and approximately 59 million consumers and small-business customers. We provide a full suite of financial products and services, from banking and investments to asset and risk management. We cover a broad range of asset classes, making us a global leader in corporate and investment banking, sales and trading.
Connecting Asia Pacific to the World
Our Asia Pacific team is spread across 23 offices in 12 markets. We are focused on connecting Asia to the world and the world to Asia, using our global expertise to ensure success is shared between us, our clients and our communities. Our regional footprint covers 12 currencies, more than a dozen languages and five time zones, placing us firmly among the region's leading financial services companies.
Bank of America Merrill Lynch is committed to attracting, recruiting and retaining top diverse talent from across the globe. Our diversity and inclusion mission is to actively promote an inclusive work environment where all employees have the opportunity to achieve personal success and contribute to the growth of our business. Each of our global Employee Networks bring together employees, create dialogue and awareness in support of our Diversity and Inclusion mission.
Bank of America Merrill Lynch is an equal opportunities employer.
The Markets Application Production Services (MAPS) group is a global group responsible for the management of production systems across Global Markets Technology. The group works closely with the business and provides application support. The group closely interacts with the development and infrastructure teams to manage all changes to the production environment. MAPS has a strong focus on operational excellence and process improvement.
The successful candidate will join a global team based in several locations whose primary focus will be on providing production support for a wide range of applications with specific focus on Japan. The candidate in future will be responsible for handling production issues and request for the strategic platforms used by many lines of business. The applications are running on the various platforms and using different technology.
- Join a team responsible for providing a stable platform for the Global Markets Operations team with focus to users in the Japan and Asia Pacific region
- Provide day-to-day application support which includes answering user queries, monitoring applications, reviewing and planning of system changes and server upgrades.
- Interact closely with regional and global business users (client services and operations staff) and other groups in Technology to ensure issues are addressed and communicated in a timely manner.
- Troubleshoot production issues to identify root causes and track issues to their completion.
- Work closely with developers and business analysts to plan system rollout and application updates, provide feedback on production system performance, and investigate production problems and identify solutions.
- Manage serious outages in production by interfacing between business, developers, infrastructure teams and management. Main tasks include: provide communication, take remedial actions to resolve outage, provide information to business to alleviate knock-on impact, work on post-mortem and follow-up actions for root cause identification, recurrence prevention, and any improvement in problem detection and resolution.
- Support an on-call rota and weekend duties.
- Candidates should be prepared to work out of normal business hours such as on weekends and attend night calls according to business needs.
- Proactively identify and resolve potential production problems in all supporting systems and escalate them to relevant parties if necessary. Suggest improvements to existing processes for support both locally and globally
- 5 years' experience in production support at a leading financial institution.
- Proficient Japanese written and verbal communication to communicate effectively with both internal stakeholders and external vendors
- Middle/Back Office production support experience, specifically in the Equities and Fixed Income space.
- Knowledge of trade processing and settlements for Japan markets, specifically knowledge around Japan market practices and the Jasdec clearing and settlement process.
- Experience with Japan Settlement platforms and infrastructure provided by BOJ (e.g. Istar/LC) and pre-settlement matching in JASDEC (PSMS).
- Knowledge of Zengin payment system, and ArrowNet infrastructure.
- Knowledge of monitoring tools such as ITRS and scheduling tools such as Autosys.
- Strong experience of working within Unix/Linux environments.
- Knowledge of Project Management techniques and procedures
- Candidates must be proactive and good communicators, they are required to possess strong analytical, problem solving skills, and be methodical in their approach
- Knowledge in shell scripting and Perl.
- Advanced knowledge of Sybase Transact SQL, Stored Procs.
- Ability to multitask and perform in a time pressured environment, while prioritizing properly.
- High level of accuracy and speed in delivery of work.
Posting Date: 08/08/2018
1-4-1 NIHONBASHI CHUO-KU - NIHONBASHI 1-CHOME BLDG
Full / Part-time: Full time
Hours Per Week: 36.25