Relationship Manager (Alternatives Specialist), Assistant Vice President
Who we are looking for
Alternatives Specialist, based in Tokyo is an AVP level position within Strategic Relationship / Client Service Group. As alternative investment SME, Alternatives Specialist is expected to manage all legal document processes related to client's alternative investment, both domestic and oversea deals. It is important for Alternative Specialist to be able to maintain good balance of meeting client's required timeline and managing risks that are taken on by client and our company, through effective and efficient negotiation of legal documents. Alternative Specialist must work closely with Legal and other internal control functions.
Alternatives Specialist is also expected to work with Alternative Client Service Team (Alternative CS) and act as a client consultant for alternative investment; providing guidance to client with an aim to strengthen relationship by demonstrating strength of our organization and services, as well as for better client experience in commencement of its investment.
Alternatives Specialist should also work closely with RM to take a part of responsibilities for overall relationship of existing clients including service related matters, and to drive our service coverage in line with the client's strategy thus maximizing P/L of the account. Alternatives Client Specialist is also looked to collaborate with relevant CS and Ops team, to ensure its day-to-day operations and procedures are established / maintained in accordance with all covenants and requirements that the company is obliged to, by entering in to such agreement. Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Services (SSGS). SSGS gives asset owners and managers access to the essential financial tools they need to deliver effective investment solutions. From core custody, accounting, fund administration and shareholder recordkeeping, to complete operations solutions and servicing for alternative assets like OTC derivatives, private equity and real estate, SSGS' tools help our clients make better investment choices and act on growth opportunities.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for. What you will be responsible for
As Relationship Manager (Alternatives Specialist) you will
- Report to a manager within Strategic Relationship Office and work closely with the Alternative Client Service Team, RM, Legal and other departments to ensure both client satisfaction and internal requirements are maintained
- Successful fund launch of our strategic client
- Review Strategy & Service planning and its delivery with CS/RM for responsible clients
- Participate in client meetings and legal negotiation session, for successful onboarding of investment in to client's portfolio
- Receive and evaluate change requests, and to coordinate with internal relevant departments, in order to maintain the balance of overall service quality against profitability of the account
- Manage client on-boarding/conversion projects
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Strong client oriented mind set
- Good external and internal communication skills
- 3 years plus client service or relationship management related experience and/or capability, in alternative asset servicing / relevant industry ( experience with legal documentations is a plus)
- Good understanding of Trust Business
- Ability to read / comprehend legal documentations
- Strategic and analytical skills to develop effective client engagements
- Administrative skills to effectively manage requests of clients and internal / external stakeholders
- Project management skills
- Self developing mind set
- A quick learner to obtain wide rage of industry and product knowledge in a fast changing global environment
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Experience in dealing with Alternative Investment related business
- English and Japanese Communication skill (Business)
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers