Research Analyst / Associate
- Tokyo, Tokyo-to, Japan Tokyo Tokyo-to JP
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 22 Apr 18 2018-04-22
See job description for details
Morgan Stanley has earned an enviable reputation for the originality of its research and the value it creates among investors and decision makers. Consistently ranked among the top in its field, our Equity Research team looks at economic, market, industry and company data to enhance the performance of clients' global portfolios and to help companies set their strategic direction.
The range of relevant work history includes practical work experience in an analytical role within a research or business development team in a corporate or relevant sector analysis experience from an accounting, consulting, investment banking or investment management background.
Support senior analyst as follows:
- Gather and analyze data on coverage sector and corporates; assist content creation for research.
- Interview corporates, attend analyst briefings, develop earnings forecast models, analyze emerging trends/themes in the industry, write research reports
- Answer queries from and interact with internal and external clients across business units; provide backup for internal presentations on Japan economy to local and global colleagues.
- Work seamlessly with global colleagues in research, sales, and trading; contribute Japan content to global reports.
** Potential candidates could range in level from Analyst to Associate.
- Analytical ability: BA level or better. Basic understanding of accounting (ability read financial statements)
- Communication: Logical and succinct
- Native level of Japanese (speaking / writing) are required
- Passion: Strong interest in the stocks and equity markets, economics
- Computer Skills: Expertise in spreadsheets, PowerPoint and Word
- Strong academic record; strong recommendations from colleagues, references.
- Excellent team player