Securities Lending - Product Development Associate
- Not Specified
- Tokyo, Tokyo-to, Japan Tokyo Tokyo-to JP
- Permanent, Full time
- 16 Aug 18 2018-08-16
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of March 31, 2018, the firm managed approximately $6.317 trillion in assets on behalf of
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of March 31, 2018, the firm managed approximately $6.317 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide. For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock.
BlackRock’s Trading and Liquidity Strategies (TLS) organization was established with the goals of enhancing trading standards across asset classes, streamlining and leveraging counter-party relationships, attracting and retaining top trading talent in the industry, and developing a One BlackRock culture around trading activities.
Partnering with portfolio management and regional leadership teams, TLS strives to deliver benefits of scale, enhance processes and transparency, improve trading performance, and drive innovation to provide tangible benefits to our clients, investment professionals and shareholders. In order to achieve enhanced trading execution across the firm, TLS will also partner closely with their technology partners.
While the development of a global trading organization will drive benefits across the firm, we will not lose sight of key BlackRock strengths, such as our diversity of investment approaches and breadth of asset class expertise. Accordingly, we are not pursuing a one-size-fits-all approach to global trading. TLS will respect individual investment processes while aiming to achieve seamless integration between portfolio management and trading.
Within TLS, we are looking for an Associate in our Securities Lending (SL) team.
The Securities Lending business manages over $200 billion in loans that include equity and fixed income, globally. Through cutting edge technology and imbedded research, our investment management approach to lending provides superior performance for our clients and is an important part of the BlackRock brand. In this fast paced and dynamic environment, BlackRock is a pioneer of using quantitative techniques and sophisticated models to maximize the performance of its Securities Lending business.
BlackRock is seeking a JP Product Development professional at the associate level based in Tokyo. The successful candidate will work within a team of product development professionals, while interfacing with other internal groups including traders, strategists, technologists, Corporate Risk, Legal, Compliance, Tax and Business Operations.
- Along with the global team and partners, product manage the business development of SL products and applications
- Support the prioritization and delivery of the most important strategic and tactical projects
- Lead large and small initiatives from research to implementation
- Manage and build out strong internal relationships with other BlackRock teams
- Communicate clearly with different stakeholders including traders, strategists, business operations, oversight functions and technology in terms that are familiar to them about the design, implementation, and status of projects
- Document and clearly articulate business requirements to technology and support the SL business throughout the Software Development Life Cycle
- Think through and understand the implications of proposed solutions, always representing the Team’s business requirements
- Participate in conversations in new initiatives to expand the business, such as conversations about new lending markets, clients, tools, counterparties or implementing new regulations
- Develop expertise in local market practices/rules/regulations through experience, training and research to ensure best-in-class service
- Work independently to drive towards a solution, while working with your team members to share best practices
- A degree in a quantitative subject (such as math, statistics, economics, finance) or otherwise demonstrate a clear aptitude for quantitative problem solving is preferred
- Demonstrated project management capabilities. Ability to prioritize and deliver assignments as promised, while maintaining high quality and consistent results
- 2+ years’ experience or knowledge of Aladdin platform is strongly preferred (Aladdin Trading platform experience is preferred but not essential)
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written. Native level Japanese and fluent English language skills required
- Prior work experience or exposure to financial markets required, securities lending or repo preferred
- Strong analytical skills, clear & structured thought processes
- Experience with technology, including advanced level proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (particularly Microsoft Excel – VBA knowledge preferred)
- Familiarity with at least one programing language and an ability to “speak code” with technologists preferred (SQL strongly preferred but not absolutely required)
- Detail-oriented with a passion for driving innovation
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and changing priorities in a fast-paced environment, and to identify revenue/process improvement opportunities and provide solutions
- Ability to work both independently and within a team as required
- Ability to listen and work in an environment that is dynamically changing
- Logical and creative thinker with superior organizational skills
- Strong sense of personal ownership, self-motivation in pursuing new opportunities and accountability for self and team
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.