Senior Country Compliance Manager
- Tokyo, Tokyo-to, Japan
- Permanent, Full time
- Bank Of America / Merrill Lynch
- 21 Oct 17 2017-10-21
Senior Country Compliance Manager
About Bank of America Merrill Lynch:
Our purpose as a firm is to make financial lives better, through the power of every connection. Across the world, we partner with leading corporate and institutional investors through our offices in more than 40 countries. In the U.S alone, we serve almost all Fortune 500 companies and approximately 59 million consumers and small-business customers. We provide a full suite of financial products and services, from banking and investments to asset and risk management. We cover a broad range of asset classes, making us a global leader in corporate and investment banking, sales and trading.
Connecting Asia Pacific to the World
Our Asia Pacific team is spread across 23 offices in 12 markets. We are focused on connecting Asia to the world and the world to Asia, using our global expertise to ensure success is shared between us, our clients and our communities. Our regional footprint covers 12 currencies, more than a dozen languages and five time zones, placing us firmly among the region's leading financial services companies.
Bank of America Merrill Lynch is committed to attracting, recruiting and retaining top diverse talent from across the globe. Our diversity and inclusion mission is to actively promote an inclusive work environment where all employees have the opportunity to achieve personal success and contribute to the growth of our business. Each of our global Employee Networks bring together employees, create dialogue and awareness in support of our Diversity and Inclusion.
Position Description - Key responsibilities:
- Is responsible for ensuring the identification, escalation and timely mitigation of compliance risks in the country. The Senior Country Compliance Manager is also responsible for:
- Maintains and develops relationships with regulatory authorities and other related agencies as required
- Ensure any inquiries and exams by regulators in the country are appropriately managed by the relevant Compliance Officers. The Senior Country Compliance Manager escalates any key issues to the appropriate level of management.
- Compliance risk assessments performed in the country and contributing to the risk assessment for the region
- Country Compliance reporting, identifying and aggregating compliance risks/issues for the country
- Creation of compliance training coverage plans to address local needs
- Compliance monitoring occurring in the country
- Evaluation of internal audit results, regulator identified issues, monitoring and testing results and advising on remediation required in country
- Ensuring compliance owned issues are addressed appropriately and timely
- Execute governance and management routines
- Oversight of changes in local and regional regulation, including advising on those changes and directing the appropriate areas to implement or amend policies and procedures to address change in regulations.
- Contributes to the development, implementation and communication of Corporate compliance's missions' goals and strategies.
- Communicates and interacts with regulatory agencies external consultants, and other internal risk management groups within area of responsibility.
- Support deployment of a robust risk governance structure across the firm
- Has a minimum of 10 years of compliance, in-depth expertise in the Japan market
- Strong existing relationships with the regulatory authorities in Japan
- Experience in a large, matrix financial institution, with coverage of central compliance
- The candidate must have the ability to represent compliance, enforcing a culture of compliance while considering the needs of the business
- The candidate must be motivated, energetic, detail-oriented, organized, articulate, willing to take responsibility, and comfortable speaking and responding to concerns and questions regarding each of the areas within their responsibility
- Fluency in English and Japanese
- Should have had the experience to lead, develop and manage a team of mid-level compliance professionals
Bank of America Merrill Lynch is an equal opportunities employer.
Posting Date: 29/05/2017
Tokyo, , 4, 1,
Full / Part-time: Full time
Hours Per Week: 36.25