Senior Network Engineer
- Tokyo, Tokyo-to, Japan
- Permanent, Full time
- SOCIETE GENERALE HK
- 21 Jan 19
Senior Network Engineer
Societe Generale is one of the leading financial services groups in Europe. Present in over 50 countries across Europe, the Americas and Asia. Societe Generale provides corporate, financial institutions, investors and public sector clients with value-added integrated financial solutions.
The candidate will be on boarded in the Telecom and Network team that develops and maintains the following services: Market Access Connectivity, WAN Connectivity, User connectivity and Datacenter network.
The team is composed of DevOps Network Administrator and Developers using Agile methodologies.
Most underlying infrastructure components are coming from strategic vendors on the technology market (CISCO, ARISTA, FORTINET, JUNNIPER, CHECKPOINT, ...)
We value highly the "fail fast, fail often, fail cheap" approach.
- Design, implement and support network infrastructure in Asia/Pacific
- Ensure and enhance Asia Pacific Network and Telecom services being offered are in line with business requirement in terms of stability, resilience and performance
- Understand, define, and priorities Asia business needs on infrastructure requirement
- Represent the team on client side
- Represent Asia team for global topic
- Ensure global standard and best practices are well implemented in all network infrastructure
- Ensure technical documentation are properly maintained
- Be the technical reference and propose new architecture to enhance client added value
- Maintain and update monitoring tools and dashboard
- Be opened to new technologies and propose and study new potential solution for the business
Requirement (Qualification/ Years of Experience/ Skill / Knowledge)
Key skill areas & Knowledges
University degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent with a post graduate degree being advantageous
- Strong knowledge in network and telecommunication
- Strong knowledge in hardware network device: Cisco, F5, Juniper, McAffee, Checkpoint, Fortinet, etc...
- Broad understanding of Fundamental Infrastructure Areas (Network, Operating Systems, Servers, Storage, DHCP, DNS, etc...)
- Familiar with multicast environments
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task in a dynamic environment
- Production awareness
- Ability to communicate and present in an understandable manner in both verbal and written
- Have strong team spirit
- Client oriented mindset
- Basic knowledge of Asian markets and trading activities
- Basics in coding language (Python, Bash), automation tools (Ansible, …) and Continuous Delivery framework
Following experience background would be an advantage:
- Experience in an infrastructure team of similar size.
- Knowledge of software related to Infrastructure Management
- Experience in a bank of similar size
- Experience in Scrum development, Automated testing and main applicative design patterns.
- Cisco Certification
Behavioral Competency Required
- Client focus - Build trustworthy and long-term relationship with our internal partners.
- Responsible and committed team player with strong interpersonal skills
- Risk awareness - Promote compliance with regulations and controls through personal behavior and integrity.
- Ability to communication effectively within the team, other technical teams and end users.