Senior Operations Specialist
- Tokyo, Tokyo-to, Japan
- Permanent, Full time
- Janus Henderson Investors
- 15 Jun 18
The successful candidate will be responsible for day to day operational support, as well as the coordination between various internal and external stakeholders to achieve successful client outcomes.
Title: Senior Operations Specialist
Location: Tokyo, Japan
Janus Henderson Investors is a leading independent global asset manager, dedicated to delivering the best outcomes for clients through a highly diversified range of actively-managed products.
We support our individual and institutional investors across a range of products, encompassing equities, fixed income, multi-asset and alternatives.
We are a team of independent and innovative thinkers who work tirelessly to help our clients achieve their goals – and we do it by fostering an energetic and collaborative culture that ensures our people love the place they work.
Janus Henderson is a truly global asset manager with US$345bn1 of assets under management. We have a diverse geographic footprint, employing over 2,000 staff in 27 office locations globally. Headquartered in London, we are dual-listed on the New York Stock Exchange and the Australian Securities Exchange.
¹Janus Henderson pro-forma AUM as at 31 December 2017
Overview of the Role
The role requires the individual to be responsible for day to day operational support and the coordination between various internal and external stakeholders to successful client outcomes.
This role involves the successful candidate to be flexible in terms of participating in meetings and video conference calls with global offices, regional teams and third-party vendors across multiple time zones. Overtime may be required on short notice.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Provide day-to-day support for New Business Implementation of separately managed and existing sub-advised institutional accounts within assigned region with limited supervision
• Carry out the operational aspects of client agreements and support periodic regulatory reporting
• Contribute to the development and implementation of policies/procedures with internal departments and client custodians/administrators
• Coordinate and fulfil assigned operations functions with respect to products/processes as mandated by the operational obligations of the Janus Henderson group
• Responsible for the timely and accurate resolution of operations issues and queries for regional institutional and retail clients
• Provide clients with the background and the root cause of problems when there is an incident on their accounts
• Responsible for daily operation tasks as liaison between clients and our UK and US offices regarding pension funds
• Responsible for Annual/Semiannual Report (運用報告書) for retail funds
• Provide regional support for new product implementation and ongoing maintenance as assigned by management
• Provide regional support for planned and unplanned initiatives/projects as assigned by management
• Provide leadership to junior members of the team and take on the role as acting manager in the absence of the Head of Japan Operations
• Assumes additional responsibilities as requested or assigned
Technical Skills and Qualifications
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent industry experience required
• Relevant experience working in an Operations or product support role at Japanese asset management companies, institutional investment management industry and/or trust bank
• Trust banks operation background required
• Experience in investment report (運用報告) for retail funds is an advantage
• Knowledge of X NET for pension funds is an advantage
• Strong written and verbal communication skills, both Japanese (fluent) and English (fluent)
• High degree of self-initiative
• Managerial/Supervisory experience is preferable
• Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
• Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
• Ability to work well both independently and within a multi-cultural global team environment
• Willingness to take additional tasks when it is required to meet the team and company’s objectives
• Ability to manage multiple/complex projects with minimal supervision
• Proven project management capabilities and problem resolution skills
Ongoing competence in the role to be assessed by:
• Annual Performance Appraisal
• Completion of all assigned Compliance training
At a minimum the role requires the individual to:
• Place the interest of Janus Henderson’s Clients first and always act in accordance with TCF (Treating Customers Fairly) principles
• Understand and comply with any federal, state, and foreign laws and regulations applicable for the role, and seeking the guidance of Compliance if this is unclear at any time
• Understand and comply with all relevant Janus Henderson policies applicable for the role, and seeking the guidance of the relevant policy owner if this is unclear at any time.
The individual in the role is ultimately accountable for his/her own actions and is responsible for seeking further information on any or all of the above as necessary.
*This role involves the successful candidate to be flexible in terms of participating in meetings and video conference calls with global offices, regional teams and third-party vendors across multiple time zones. Overtime may be required at short notice*