Senior Technical Consultant – Cloud Ops Engineer
- Tokyo, Tokyo-to, Japan Tokyo Tokyo-to JP
- Permanent, Full time
- Nexus Corporation
- 19 Jun 18 2018-06-19
The senior technical consultant will be responsible for engineering & supporting AWS Core Cloud Services delivered as part of the Cloud initiative and the long term ownership of their strategic development at the organization. As a key member of a global extreme agile programming team aligned to the AWS Cloud Product Owner, you will offer best practice trusted advisor consultancy to enable effective adoption of AWS services whilst ensuring quality MVP deliverables for a robust, automated and innovative evolving Production service.
The senior technical consultant will be expected to help drive the strategy, looking for opportunities to collaborate with all teams, especially TIS Product SMEs, Infrastructure Architects & Delivery contacts in support of the Product roadmap taking using agreed patterns. The candidate will play a key role in showcasing the cloud capabilities of the AWS core services available to the organization’s developers & application Product Owners. This is a fully hands on technical role requiring end to end stack knowledge to successfully deliver high quality feature rich code & automation for the cloud service.
This position requires a strong flexible, approachable self-starter with solid technical programming background and influencing skills, who can lead the way, assist development teams with architecture, design decisions, coding, trouble shooting and any other technical issues related to moving existing or creating new applications into AWS using the core services.
- Technical expert with responsibility of delivering secure, automated, self serviced, innovative & cost efficient core services reliably and repeatedly into AWS using extreme programming methodologies aligned to the strategic roadmap set by the AWS Cloud Product Owner.
- Enable customers to understand & use the services in the most effective way to realize business benefit quickly using all means possible supported through a global operating engineering product model.
- Show courage of conviction to evangelize change within the Delivery & Infrastructure teams through collaboration and empathy, driven from a position of trust, patience & knowledge. Identify new improvements / requirements on cloud, propose solutions and agree with the core team, ensuring alignment with the AWS Product Owner strategy.
- Actively coach & support other team members through pairing, encouraging an open collaborative working culture within & outside the team. This will involve travel to India & Dalian on a yearly basis (frequency within the year to be agreed)
- Illustrate a sound technical understanding of all cloud based technologies, both from an infrastructure & development perspective ensuring practical experience can substantiate this understanding to benefit influencing others to adopt cloud.
Experience and Qualifications Required
The ideal candidate will have:
- A strong development & infrastructure engineering background with hands on experience of cloud based technologies across multiple cloud providers, proficient in at least 3 different languages (ideally Ruby, Go, Python) focusing on delivering services that are loosely coupled, highly scalable & codes to cope with failure at every level.
- Excellent knowledge of creating & managing continuous delivery pipelines enabling continuous integration using test driven development with high coverage in a multi-tenant, full stack Production enterprise cloud configuration where rolling intra-day upgrades are BAU, security & audit requirements are met by default.
- A technical, pragmatic leader & coach for best practice agile Kanban based Product teams using pointed MVP value add stories enabling rapid agile delivery to our customers. Demonstrative effective problem solving skills across the entire stack using traditional RCA methods rather than just relying on tools.
- Full transparency of work with others to ensure maximum knowledge transfer & collaboration across the global teams. Highly motivated team player that forms strong relationships with colleagues with excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills in English, although Hindi/Chinese and Japanese very useful.
- A keen evangelist with interests in technology, security, cloud native application development and an active open source contributor & public speaker.