Systems Reliability Engineer – Equities Derivatives Production Management
About the Company:
Morgan Stanley is a global financial services firm helping governments, corporations, institutions and individuals around the world to achieve their financial goals. Morgan Stanley is committed to maintaining first-class service that has defined the firm. At its foundation are five core values (putting clients first, doing the right thing, leading with exceptional ideas, commit to diversity and inclusion, and giving back) that guides its 55,000+ employees in over 1,200 offices across 43 countries.
On a daily basis we process hundreds of millions of transactions and we serve more than a trillion dollars of assets across every global market. If this scale resonates with you, come join us. About the Job :
Systems Reliability Engineering (SRE) is a discipline focused on improving system service availability, observability, scalability, performance, and resilience across Morgan Stanley by applying sound software engineering principles and adopting the latest technology and tooling.
Click this link to experience life in Morgan Stanley: https://www.morganstanley.com/people/technology-professionals .
We are growing SRE capabilities within our Reliability & Production Engineering (RPE) organization as part of the transformation of Morgan Stanley’s Technology.
We would like to talk to you if you:
- Are interested in distributed systems and working with highly scalable and reliable services.
- Like to work in a fast-moving environment and you aren't afraid to change things to make them better.
- Enjoy new technological challenges and solving hard problems.
- Believe that a team working well together is truly smarter than the single smartest person on that team.
- Aspire to grow as a person, as a teammate, and as an engineer.
- Have grit, drive and a deep sense of ownership.
will include, but not be limited to:
- Working closely with engineering/development teams to design, build, and maintain systems
- You will troubleshoot issues across the entire technology stack: hardware, software, application, and network.
- You will identify and drive opportunities to improve automation for the company; scope and create automation for deployment, management and visibility of our services.
- Proactively identifying and addressing system reliability risks
- Working alongside existing global and regional team members on a follow-the-sun basis.
- Represent the RPE organization in design reviews and operational readiness exercises for new and existing services.