TK HT Application Support
- Tokyo, Tokyo-to, Japan
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 24 Nov 17 2017-11-24
See job description for details
Member of the Application Support Group (ASG) team supporting critical listed trading single order, basket and market making applications used by the Equity Division. ASG runs shifts covering from 07:00-19:00. The team is responsible for ensuring the stability of these business critical client and server-based application processes and their associated infrastructure. To assist the users of applications by acting as a first point of contact for both application and data queries.
Candidates would be expected to perform the following roles:
- Proactive & reactive ready-for-business checks
- Proactive & reactive real-time monitoring of processes, connections & trade flows
- Notifying the business unit of system issues or failures in a timely manner.
- Notify Compliance in a timely manner of regulatory issues.
- Liaise with external parties to resolve issues.
- System break/fix and user recovery
- Investigating and resolving data quality issues
- Investigation of user queries. E.g. flow breaks, booking issues, data issues. Liaison with operations and controllers where appropriate.
- Escalating problems to level 3 (core development and engineering) groups.
- Act as an escalation point for frontline.
- War gaming failure scenarios identify problems with outage recovery procedures. Work with necessary parties to ensure that these are resolved.
- Assisting the users with end-user computing issues.
Senior level candidates would also be expected to:
- Work closely with APG to ensure the support team has Excellent knowledge of the application set
- Document recover procedures
- Client requirements and feedback are incorporated into the applications
- Operational enhancements are provided
- Work closely with APG and Engineering to either develop, or provide specifications for tools to: Improve monitoring, increase the stability of the plant and Automate manual tasks
Work closely with regional counterparts in London, Hong Kong and New York to:
- Standardise monitoring procedures
- Provide follow the sun support
- Good working knowledge of FIX.
- Strong technical, communication, analytical and problem solving skills.
- In depth understanding of Equity Cash and derivative trading concepts and ability to interact with traders
- Good understanding of operating systems (UNIX, PC)
- Good understanding of SQL and Sybase databases.
- Professional ownership of issues
- Knowledge of:- scripting languages, ksh, Perl, Java, CGI, Visual Basic, HTML and XML.
- Can do attitude Candidates should have experience in the financial services industry.