TK, IED Onboarding and Client Relationship Manager (CRM), Analyst up to Vice President
- Tokyo, Tokyo-to, Japan
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 22 Oct 17 2017-10-22
See job description for details
Derivatives Clearing team provides access to Morgan Stanley’s global clearing platform to trade listed derivatives and OTC Clearing. The team partners with a wide range of financial institutions including banks, insurance companies, asset managers and hedge funds. The team structurally sits within Morgan Stanley’s Prime Brokerage organization with Business Unit professionals located across New York, London, Hong Kong, Singapore as well as Tokyo . The team is responsible to cover product with rates, FX, equities, commodities and FX underliers. Onboarding and C RM main responsibilities encompass ensuring high level of client satisfaction through the account opening process to efficient coverage to maintain existing clients’ relationship in order for client is familiar with market and regulatory information in relation to cleared products .
As part of the onboarding function, the candidate will need to be a project manager of the onboarding process to successfully enable our clients to clear trades through Morgan Stanley in accordance with preferences discussed in the Sales process. Onboarding process includes a number of steps and involves coordinating across a number of regional and global internal teams :
- Due diligence of trading strategy and profile
- Analysing margin implications of portfolios
- Coordinating pricing proposal
- I mplementing operational processes for clearing and related collateral management activities
- Finalizing legal documentation
- Enabling technology and middleware connectivity and functionality
In relation to CRM, the candidate will be assigned Japan based clients to work on day -to-day derivative clearing inquiries from clients and managing long term client relationship . The responsibilities of relationship management include obtaining deep knowledge about client trading strategy, maximising wallet share and consulting clients on technical product and regulatory matters.
The candidate will need to display a broad set of skills, though the main focus will be on technical and product knowledge, attention to detail, organisation and communication both with client and internal stakeholders.
- Knowledge of derivatives products, in particular listed or OTC is preferable
- Native-level Japanese and Business-level English ability is a must
- Background in Operations in Investment Banking/Securities is preferable
- Client-focused and risk aware mind-set
- Attention to detail
- Strong Communication skills both internally and externally