TK Ops, Interest Rate Derivative Trade Support, Associate
- Tokyo, Tokyo-to, Japan Tokyo Tokyo-to JP
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 19 Jun 18 2018-06-19
See job description for details
Institutional Securities Group Product Operations (ISGPO) supports Morgan Stanley's clearing, trading, and financing operational processes. Its mandate is to deliver high value to our clients, both internal and external, in a controlled and commercially responsible manner. The organization partners closely with Sales and Trading to develop and implement new products and services as well as drive efficiency and reduce risk in our processes.
Trading Operations supports the Firm?s institutional trading business globally. Trade Support acts as the primary liaison between ISG Trading and Operations, covering Fixed Income (Rates, Credit, Cash, FX, Commodities, SPG & DSP) and Equities (Equity Cash, DSP, Equity OTC, Fund Derivatives & MSET) products. Its responsibilities include trade verification of risk bookings, new product approval (NPA) & set up, reconciliation of risk vs firm books & records and break resolution, P&L attribution, support of regulatory obligations, and execution of portfolio management initiatives (e.g. trade compression, clearing, SEF/ ETF & electronic execution).
Role: Tokyo Swap Trade Support Group (TSG) is part of the Trading Operation organization within Institutional Securities Group Product Operations (ISGPO). The team supports Interest Rates Swap transactions done by Tokyo Fixed Income Swap Trading Desks (Vanilla Flow, Options, and Exotic/Hybrid Trading Desks). The team provides trade checkout and control process by acting as a liaison with Trading Desks, Sales, Brokers, and Central Cleaing Houses globally as well as daily flash PnL repoting to Tokyo Fixed Income Swap Trading Desks on T+0. TSG is also reponsible for regulaory reporting and controls.
Scope: Trade capture control, trade lifecycle management, and daily flash PnL Regulatory Reporting and Controls
Product Coverage: Fixed Income Interest Rates OTC transactions include Interest Rates Swap, Cross Currency Swap, Swaptions, Cap, Floor, FRA, FX Options, and other Exotic / Hybird structured Derivatives products, Structured Notes (ELN etc) .
- Responsible for the timely and accurate trade capture and checkout
- Resolve trade discrepancies with counterparties by liaising with Trading desks and Sales desks
- Responsible for creating a daily flash PnL report to Trading desks on T+0
- Responsible for monitoring and processing trade lifecycle events
- Responsible for producing, controlling regulatory reports to multiple regulators
- Control, reconcile, and resolve the trade processing exceptions
- Work with Technology and Data for implementation of new processing platforms and system enhancements through CTB/RTB projects globally
- Work with Legal and Compliance to analyze new regulatory reform requirements and deploy new process
- Contribution to New Product implementation support
- Bachelors Degree
- Bilingual (Japanese and English)
- Advanced aptitude to understand, utilize, and improve technology platforms
- Strong analytical, interpersonal, organizational, leadership, and communication skills
- Proven ability to work efficiently and accurately under pressure in a fast paced multi-tasking environment
- Working on a trading floor, the candidate must be professional at all times especially under high pressure situations.
- Essential in a close team where each member will cover another in their absence. Knowledge sharing and assistance is a requirement to flatten out unequal workloads that may occur across the desk.Working on a trading floor, the candidate must be professional at all times especially under high pressure situations.
- Self starter
- Desired relevant work experience with Fixed Income OTC products and related fields
- Desired Fixed Income OTC process, risk management and related regulatory expertise
- Desired relevant work experience in Trade Support function
- Desired industry knowledge of Fixed Income OTC processing including the Clearing Houses (LCH, CME)