Tax Division - Tax Analyst/Associate - Tokyo
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
We're a team of specialists charged with managing the firm's liquidity, capital and risk, and providing the overall financial control and reporting functions. Whether assessing the creditworthiness of the firm's counterparties, monitoring market risks associated with trading activities, or offering analytical and regulatory compliance support, our work contributes directly to the firm's success. The division is ideal for collaborative individuals who have strong ethics and attention to detail.
The Tax Department undertakes a variety of activities including tax compliance work, managing tax audits, reviewing products and trades, assisting in the establishment and monitoring of transfer pricing policies, managing tax risk and assisting in the establishment of new business lines/ventures. The Tax Department also assists in the structuring of proprietary investments by the firm as well as providing advice across the firm on tax related matters. RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS Responsibilities:
- Dealing with tax compliance work for various GS entities doing business in Japan.
- Dealing with tax audits together with other members of the Tax Department.
- Dealing with day-to-day tax related questions from internal clients.
- Being involved with tax advisory work for financial products / cross border transfer pricing issues / other firm wide projects.
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
- Minimum two years of tax compliance / advisory experience in major accounting or law firm; exposure to international taxation and regulations as well as double tax treaties would be advantageous
- High integrity and reliability
- Enthusiastic to learn and take responsibility
- Strong control awareness and ability to take a global view on issues
- Strong analytical skills & detail oriented approach to work
- Ability to work and obtain results under pressure
- Ability to use initiative and come up with innovative solutions and suggestions
- Ability to work effectively in a team
- Excellent communication skills required
- Fluent in Japanese and English
- Knowledge of financial industry or financial products helpful
- Qualified Japanese CTA or solicitor
- Big 4 tax experience particularly preferred
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity