- Tokyo, Tokyo-to, Japan Tokyo Tokyo-to JP
- Permanent, Full time
- Bank Of America / Merrill Lynch
- 18 Aug 18 2018-08-18
About Bank of America Merrill Lynch:
Our purpose as a firm is to make financial lives better, through the power of every connection. Across the world, we partner with leading corporate and institutional investors through our offices in more than 40 countries. In the U.S alone, we serve almost all Fortune 500 companies and approximately 59 million consumers and small-business customers. We provide a full suite of financial products and services, from banking and investments to asset and risk management. We cover a broad range of asset classes, making us a global leader in corporate and investment banking, sales and trading.
Connecting Asia Pacific to the World
Our Asia Pacific team is spread across 23 offices in 12 markets. We are focused on connecting Asia to the world and the world to Asia, using our global expertise to ensure success is shared between us, our clients and our communities. Our regional footprint covers 12 currencies, more than a dozen languages and five time zones, placing us firmly among the region's leading financial services companies.
Bank of America Merrill Lynch is committed to attracting, recruiting and retaining top diverse talent from across the globe. Our diversity and inclusion mission is to actively promote an inclusive work environment where all employees have the opportunity to achieve personal success and contribute to the growth of our business. Each of our global Employee Networks bring together employees, create dialogue and awareness in support of our Diversity and Inclusion mission.
Bank of America Merrill Lynch is an equal opportunities employer.
Job Description and Responsibilities
The Testing Specialist, under supervision, conducts independent transactional and process testing on a team in support of needs identified by Compliance and Operational Risk Officers. A test is defined in the Independent Testing Enterprise Policy as "an independent point-in-time examination of one or more processes, controls, policies and procedures or data sources utilized for managing risk to assess the effectiveness of the control environment. A test is focused on answering a specific objective and has a pre-defined pass/fail criteria." Compliance testing may include activities such as automated surveillance and transaction level testing and may be performed onsite.
- The Testing Specialist is accountable for quality testing execution, reporting and analysis of results.
- This role may participate in test script development and test design. The Testing Specialist contributes to the identification of themes and trends at the front line unit, control function and enterprise level.
- This role is an individual contributor in the Test Execution function.
- This role work closely with Line of Business Compliance in terms of new surveillance development, model and parameter review and escalation. You will work closely with global surveillance counterparts and IT in surveillance development and global projects and assist in gathering information and preparing responses to regulatory/audit exams.
- The Testing Specialist work with Line of Business Compliance in terms of new surveillance development, model and parameter review and escalation.
- Work with global surveillance counterparts and Compliance Technology partners in surveillance development and global projects.
- Assist in gathering information and preparing responses to regulatory/audit inquiries.
- Education to Degree level as a minimum.
- Minimum 5 years solid experience in a previous Compliance surveillance, testing or desk review.
- Preferably direct experience in using SMARTS to conduct trade surveillance for Equities and Futures and Options.
- Knowledge in Actimize FX and Fixed Income models would be good advantage.
- Strong analytical skills and strong attention to detail.
- Good exposure to a wide variety of financial instrument types, both exchange traded and OTC. Understanding of core business lines and products including equities, fixed income, rates and currencies.
- Good understanding of the current market abuse regime and the forthcoming regulatory changes.
- Solid communication skills and a willingness to speak up.
- Experience in analyzing, manipulating and reporting from large sets of structured data (e.g. trading records) using MS Excel and other similar applications. Strong IT skills required.
- Motivated and reliable, able to demonstrate an ability to go about day-to-day responsibilities methodically, able to meet regular deadlines and work under pressure.
Posting Date: 26/07/2018
1-4-1 NIHONBASHI CHUO-KU - NIHONBASHI 1-CHOME BLDG
Full / Part-time: Full time
Hours Per Week: 36.25