Tokyo, HR Generalist/ HR Business Partner
- Tokyo, Tokyo-to, Japan
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 19 Nov 17 2017-11-19
See job description for details
Morgan Stanley’s Tokyo Human Resources Department is looking for an HR Generalist (Business Partner) to join the HR generalist team. This role supports managers and employees at all levels of the organization, partnering with colleagues in every product area across the Human Resources Department.
This role is a unique opportunity to become part of a team of strategic Human Resource professionals dedicated to serving our internal clients in all aspects of their day-to-day needs, acting as a primary HR contact to field questions on mobility, career/talent development, diversity initiatives and annual processes including year-end compensation, promotions, talent review, performance management and employee relations. This person will engage in transactional tasks and support processes of the HR generalist team. Communication, relationship building, teamwork, attention to detail and execution skills will be key factors for success in this position.
- Primary contact on questions related to general human resources queries
- Handle data input, auditing and reporting
- Partner with multiple Human Resources product areas such as Talent Management, Compensation and Benefits
- Work with senior HR Generalists on various talent initiatives in support of the business
- Handle communication with business units and other infrastructure groups on people movements
- Manage background check escalations
Conduct on-boarding and exit processes
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum of 3 years of appropriate professional experience; Experience in HR generalist function preferred.
- A strong client focus with outstanding judgment and critical thinking skill
- Excellent communications skills, verbal and written
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and meet stringent deadlines while paying close attention to detail
- Strong problem solving and process improvement skills
- Bilingual Japanese/English preferred. (Business English required, Japanese conversational preferred)
- Strong computer skills including Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong teamwork capabilities
- Self-confident, articulate and outgoing individual, who is able to work independently whilst maintaining a focus teamwork
- High level of energy and eagerness to learn
- Very organized with conscientious work ethics
- The ability to deal with the uncertainties of an evolving, dynamic organization; resourceful.
- Enjoys working with people and servicing their needs
- Enjoys high volume, fast paced, dynamic environment