Head - Securities Services Operations
- Amman, Jordan
- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank
- 16 Feb 18 2018-02-16
Overall management and control of the Securities Services Operations in Jordan.To supervise the operations of the Securities Services Department, ensuring consistent delivery of high quality services to internal and external customers and meeting objectives set by the Group using available resources allocated while maintaining operational risk to an accepted level.
· To supervise the operations of the Securities Services Department, ensuring consistent delivery of high quality services to internal and external customers and meeting objectives set by the Group using available resources allocated while maintaining operational risk to an accepted level.
· Deliver agreed business efficiencies through cost savings commitments and proactively review processes for areas of improvements and highlight any additional shifts to Center of Excellence processing locations.
· Partner with the Business for Revenue Generation.
· Manage and motivate the team of Securities Services Operations to achieve first class service in accordance with Custody Agreements and Service Level Agreements. It is achieved by constant review of performance data analysis, client's feedback analysis and annual agent bank review.
· Provide timely and comprehensive replies to RFP's / Questionnaires / Securities Information Database/ Securities Market Report / Market Insights with the most updated information and current practice and ensuring that they are presented in a manner that it is competitive and will motivate client to appoint us as their sub-custodian or retain their business with us.
· Conduct client Due Diligence meeting on operations aspect. Work closely with SD&S team to come up with workable solution for new and existing clients.
· Manage all escalations of enquiries and operational issues and make sure they are responded to comprehensively and with quality on the same day of receipt. In the event a response requires more investigation a holding reply to be given stating an indicative response.
· Provide active support for the sales and service culture of the Bank.
· Manage all operational matters to ensure new markets are successfully launched and new clients on-boarding are completed smoothly.
· Manage operational integration team in any new acquisition or market expansion.
· Support network and product teams in conducting Due Diligence of 3rd party sub-custodian in other markets and work with product in establishing appointment of 3rd party sub-custodian and ensure operational processes are established and operational risks are addressed.
· Lead through example and build the appropriate culture and values. Set appropriate tone and expectations from the team and work in collaboration with risk and control partners.
· Ensure the provision of ongoing training and development function's people, and ensure that holders of all critical functions are suitably skilled and qualified for their roles ensuring that they have effective supervision in place to mitigate any risks.
· Manage the development of direct reports by ensuring the appropriate use and development of personal skills and providing exposure to relevant professional associations, regulatory bodies and industry counterparts.
· Employ, engage and retain high quality people.
· Set and monitor job descriptions and objectives for direct reports and provide feedback and rewards in line with their performance against those responsibilities and objectives.
· Act as the country risk control owner under the Group's risk management framework for Securities Services.
· Ensure the team have a full understanding of the risk and control environment in area of responsibility.
· Proactive in seeing regular assurance that areas of responsibility are performing to an acceptable risk and control standard.
· Act quickly and decisively when any risk and control weakness becomes apparent and ensure they are addressed within an appropriate timeframe and escalated through the relevant committees.
· Balance business performance delivery and cost management with risk and control matters to ensure that it does not materially threaten the Group remaining within risk appetite.
· Accountable for managing and controlling escalated risks by ensuring that all procedures and processes are in compliant with local regulations as well as relevant law of the domiciled country of client to avoid risks to clients, Bank and the Group.
· Assist in creation and maintenance of a compliance culture and proactively advise Country Compliance on compliance issues, and updates new matrices as communicated by the Business Compliance Coordinator.
· To proactively identity and recommend on areas of risk/opportunities arising from regulatory and market changes.
· Ensure risks and issues identified are resolved in an appropriate and timely manner.
· Participate in and/or support the Bank's effort in combating money-laundering activities.
· Provide oversight across the Securities Services team, ensuring compliance with the highest standards of regulatory and business conduct and compliance practices as defined by internal and external requirements. This includes compliance with local banking laws, JSC laws governing securities activities, companies' law, and anti-money laundering regulations and guidelines.
· Embed the Group's values and code of conduct in daily activities to ensure that adherence with the highest standards of ethics, and compliance with relevant policies, processes and regulations among employees form part of the culture.
· Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
· Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
· Lead the Jordan / Securities Services / Operations team to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank's Conduct Principles: [Fair Outcomes for Clients; Effective Financial Markets; Financial Crime Compliance; The Right Environment.]*
· Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.