Sustainability Reporting Manager
Job Description Manage the sustainability data collection process that feeds into Moody's Corporation sustainability reporting. Serve as a liaison to global office managers and Moody's Finance team (Sustainability and Real Estate), implement the defined sustainability data governance process, including:
- Oversee and implement the data collection process from all Moody's global offices
- Ensure that all environmental data and associated cost being collected on a monthly basis is complete, accurate and relevant. Run pre-defined data controls.
- Identify outliers on the data, including utility consumption and cost
- Investigate outliers and determine whether data is erroneous or correct. If erroneous, partner with office manager to correct
- Identify offices with low environmental performance or high utility cost and report out
- Manage the available out-of-the-box reports and recommend the right ones to utilize in each occasion
- Develop custom reports in the system as needed
- Set-up custom KPIs and targets in the system as needed, including the development of a dashboard to feed the ELT metrics
- Administrate the software used for Moody's environmental data collection
- Assign user permissions and keep users base up to date
- Serve as the liaison between Moody's and the software customer support provider on a day-to-day basis
- Onboard and train new users of the system
- Provide ongoing support to users of the tool as needed
- Maintain systems integrations with other Moody's software, keep data up to date on a monthly basis.
- Assist with data field mapping and develop requirement sheets as needed
- Support Moody's annual sustainability reporting including and beyond environmental data by partnering with SMEs to get all relevant documentation and conducting reviews to ensure the pre-defined methodologies for reporting were followed.
- Support the various environmental reporting efforts including but not limited to TCFD, CDP, SASB, annual report, etc. through data gathering, data reporting, enabling or gathering supporting documentation, and other activities.
- Assist as needed in the implementation of the sustainability data governance program
- Experience performing data management and quality data assurance activities including development of data quality reports and investigation and resolution of data anomalies
- Experience with data analysis, reporting and visualization
- Experience with data reporting and visualizations
- Excellent math skills
- Strong Excel skills
- Attention to detail is a must
- Ability to perform trend analysis and modelling in order to provide recommendations.
- Strong ability to meet project deadlines and cadence
- Strong written and verbal communications skills, as well as interpersonal skills, in order to effectively build relationships with multiple internal stakeholders
- Ability to work autonomously while keeping management apprised of projects
- Fluent in written and spoken English a must
- Experience in sustainability is a significant plus.
- 3+ years in data management or sustainability
- Education: Bachelor's degree in a data management related field such as Business, Engineering, IT, Sustainability (or equivalent) from an accredited college/university.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.