VP – Data Scientist
Job Description The Analytic Design team is mandated with developing, configuring, and maintaining Analytic Logic, tools, and processes to support the Environmental Social and Governance (ESG) Solutions group.
The VP Data Scientist will be responsible for helping to identify, implement, and manage application of the latest techniques in natural language processing, machine learning and distributed computing to drive business value. A successful candidate will not only be technically competent, but will be able to work collaboratively with business stakeholders to increase analytical efficiency, drive new business insights, and develop new products. The role also includes leading a team of quantitative engineers.
- Manage development and deployment of natural language processing solutions for extracting data and content as well as machine learning algorithms for for predictive analytics
- Provide leadership in staying up to date with the developments in relevant technologies and market trends (including natural language processing and machine learning methods) to identify enhancements
- Work collaboratively with relevant stakeholders and partners to develop and release cutting-edge tools that address business needs
- Lead a team of quantitative engineers
- Evaluate and apply sound software and architectural development practices in development and deployment of models as software products.
- Manage usage of cloud and distributed computing platforms for development and deployment
- Communication of results to business stakeholders and decision makers
- Speak internally and/ or at external events as required
- Master's Degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Applied Math, with a specialization in Natural language processing, Machine Learning or related field
- 12+ years practical experience in Natural Language Processing, Machine Learning and/or distributed computing
- Proven track record of successfully building and deployment of natural language processing solutions, machine learning models, and similar applications
- Industry knowledge in working with ESG data is highly preferred
- Experience with one or more of the following programming languages is highly preferred: Python, R, and SQL
- Experience with one or more of the following Machine Learning frameworks is preferred: TensorFlow, Scikit-Learn, or AWS Sage Maker
- Experience with Cloud deployment on Amazon AWS
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Rigorous and analytical thought process and able to work independently
- Fluency in English a must
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.