Data Protection Officer (m/f)
- Ettlebruk, Diekirch, Luxembourg
- Permanent, Full time
- DO Recruitment Advisors
- 17 Oct 17 2017-10-17
Hi All, We are currently recruiting for this position. Please click on the job title below to view the Job Description and apply to it!
Data Protection Officer (m/f)
The primary role of the Data Protection Officer ("DPO") is to assist senior management in complying with all issues relating to the protection of personal data in all relevant business activities in accordance with all relevant data protection and data security regulations and best practices.
The DPO will foster a culture of data protection across all the company entities in Europe, and other entities as applicable. The DPO will be involved from the earliest stage possible in all issues relating to data protection and will ensure that all activities include data protection by design rather than by default.
The DPO will give advice on data protection issues, maintain registers of data processing, support data protection impact assessment, carry out and/or support specialized data protection monitoring program, act as liaison between all stakeholders, inform controllers/processors of their regulatory obligations, provide training to all stakeholders.
The DPO will be independent. The DPO will be designated on the basis of highest ethical standards, thorough understanding of the operations and the information systems of the business, and his expert knowledge of data security and data protection laws and practices and ability to fulfil the tasks described below. The DPO will be given access and support in his role by senior management and Boards, who will ensure he has sufficient resources to carry out its responsibilities. The DPO will leverage the work performed by Data protection coordinators appointed in each relevant business line. His/her advice will be given due weight and business will duly document reasons for not following it. The DPO will not carry out other responsibilities or report to business line which may create a conflict or compromise his/her independence. The DPO will report to the highest management level in the organization and have direct access to the relevant Board Members of the various European entities for which the DPO will be appointed.
In a nutshell, -your main responsibilities will be to:
- Regulatory responsibilities and liaison,
- Data Protection Impact Assessment,
- Point of Contact,
- Compliance monitoring, reviewing, testing and reporting,
- Training and education, and
- Role in Maintenance of registers.
- University Degree or equivalent, experience in dealing with and influencing senior management.
- Minimum 10 year work experience in the financial services industry with a minimum of 5 year experience gained within data governance and data management process on a senior level, with in depth understanding of data and technology
- Expert knowledge of national and European data protection and data security laws and best market practices, including in-depth understanding of GDPR
- Thorough knowledge of the organization and operations of global cross-border asset management players
- Understanding of operational processes, risk assessment, project management, information technologies and data security
- CIPP Certification or Project Management Certification is a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Demonstrates highest ethical standards
- Is able to influence at most senior level of management
- Good understanding of concepts of fund management systems, including trading systems
- Good personal organization and project management skills. Highly technical mind set and ability to analyze data protection and processing issues in the context of complex IT systems, web based technologies and other media will be essential.
- Works with minimal supervision and exercises independent judgment consistent with departmental guidelines and organizational objectives.
- Provides business partners with the necessary technical guidance to perform their job responsibilities.
- Travel will be required,
Our client is a major player in the financial funds industry.