Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. We keep our clients at the heart of everything we do, and smart, engaged employees are essential to our continued success.
Our promise to maintain an environment where every employee feels valued and able to meet their full potential infuses our company values. It’s also part of our commitment to inclusion, development and engagement, and corporate social responsibility. You’ll have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you. Join us.
As an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer, we consider applications for all positions without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, age, disability, genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, citizenship, marital status, domestic partnership or civil union status, familial status, military and veteran status, and other characteristics protected by applicable law. For more information, for U.S. jobs only, please read our CEO Statement.
The role holder will have a lead role in the management of the Transfer Agency department. They will be a strong contributor to the strategy of the department ensuring the overall goals of TA are met. They will provide oversight and support to managers in the area of client relationship, regulatory and risk control and change management. They will provide technical and operational leadership to the department managers ensuring teams follow policies and procedures, are organised, efficient and provide best in class service to our clients.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Management and development of strong client relationships, strongly representing TA and the Company to clients.
- Responsible for ensuring the day to day TA service delivery for clients is consistently met and exceeded. Liaise with the client on development initiatives.
- Handle or resolve complex operational and customers complaints that are referred by managers.
- Accountable for the controls within the teams - ensuring that there is a focus on the control environment within the team.
- Drive the development and implementation of appropriate procedures to meet internal controls, external compliance and regulatory requirements.
- Regular liaisons with the senior management team, providing departmental feedback on team, processes, client information, ensuring clear and transparent communication within the wider TA department.
- Attend relevant meetings and ensure messages are cascaded down to the teams.
- Contribute to operational, client, risk audit and regulatory meetings as required.
- Be actively aware and partake in departmental projects to help drive the continuous improvements and efficiencies within the TA department.
- Ensure regular meetings with managers, promote regular one to one meetings within the team and offer developmental opportunities for direct reports.
- Using corporate PPR tools, actively participate in the performance appraisal process and monitor overall timeliness of completion for the entire team with your direct reports.
- Responsible for ensuring team representation on group State Street programmes e.g. Global Inclusion etc.
- Full participation in the recruitment and selection of resources for the team, ensuring effective utilisation, whilst ensuring opportunities are identified in the team for flex arrangement if required.
Context of the role
- Oversight of TA teams – trade, cash, EOD, reporting checklists and online e-checklists.
- Performance Reviews of direct reports and input in the larger team PPR process.
- Change in regulatory environments – large impact within the department and division. Lead project groups to understand industry regulatory impact & develop solutions/new products for our clients.
- Ensure a greater awareness of the risk environment within the department.
- Full accountability for controls within their teams.
- Increased team size, staff reports and number of clients.
Relationships - nature and type of interaction
- Subordinates - Engage in one to one meetings with direct reports, coaching team members, point of escalation, PPR process.
- Superiors – provide direct support for VPs; provide regular status updates to VP’s.
- Peers – Join directors meeting, provide inputs and recommend solution to overall TA issues, lead global TA initiatives.
- External – Build client relationship ensuring client deliverables are met. Act as point of contact for escalated queries.
- Internal – build on internal relationship
- NAV & AML team – ensuring effective client service.
- Strong relationship with Relationship Managers, need strong communication on a weekly, monthly basis, need to be informed of changes, expectations.
- Ensure representation on group Stateprivate Street programmes e.g. Global Inclusion.
- Team size is dependent on clients, number and complexity of funds and investors that are been administered.
- The role will have a multiple direct and indirect reports.
- Ensuring the clients expectations are met and all deliverables are met accurately and in a timely manner.
- Understanding and dealing with the changing regulatory environment, challenging the compliance teams for the good of the TA team.
- PPR process, coaching, one to one training, time to support these tasks with the demands of day to day workload.
- Resources – ensuring that team deliverables are met in a constraint resource environment while focusing on business transformation goals.
- Motivating, developing and engaging staff. Manage staffing issues as they arise and co-ordinating issues raised with HR and Senior Management.
- Staying current on revised policies and procedures and continuing to learn the TA process for new service offerings and the use of ISS for these services.
- Support business growth through the on boarding of new clients.
- Support VP’s to engage, develop and retain employees by creating an environment of continued learning and development.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience Required
- Degree in Finance and/or Business Related area (minimum 2.2) or relevant working experience.
- 6-8 years Fund Administration experience (preferable Private Equity Transfer Agency) with at least 4 years people management experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications in particular Excel.
- Experience in working to tight deadlines, with an ability to multi task and to work calmly under pressure.
- Experience in Client Relationship Management is essential for this role.
- Good working knowledge of AML and regulations impacting the industry.