AMG Head of FCC
- Permanent, Full time
- HSBC Bank plc, Luxembourg Branch
- 11 Dec 17 2017-12-11
AMG Head of FCC
Headquartered in London, HSBC is one of the world's largest banking and financial services organisations. With more than 6,300 offices in both established and emerging markets, we aim to be where the growth is, connecting customers to opportunities, enabling businesses to thrive and economies to prosper, and, ultimately, helping people to fulfil their hopes and realise their ambitions.
We serve around 54 million customers through our four Global Businesses: Retail Banking and Wealth Management, Commercial Banking, Global Banking and Markets, and Global Private Banking. Our network covers 75 countries and territories in Europe, the Asia-Pacific region, the Middle East, Africa, North America and Latin America.
Listed on the London, Hong Kong, New York, Paris and Bermuda stock exchanges, shares in HSBC Holdings plc are held by about 216,000 in 131 countries and territories.
HSBC Global Asset Management is the asset management division of the HSBC Group, dedicated to managing assets for institutions and individuals worldwide. It has $470bn of assets under management and operates in over 20 countries.
The HSBC Group in Luxemburg employs around 400 people in several global business lines. HSBC Investment Funds (Luxembourg) S.A. (“HIFL”), part of HSBC Global Asset Management, provides local Management Company services for several of HSBC’s Luxembourg domiciled investment funds with total assets under management of approximately US$37 billion.
We are currently looking to recruit a:
AMG Head of Financial Crime Compliance
Role and Responsibilities:
Supporting the two Conducting Officers and reporting to the Country Head of Financial Crime Compliance and Regional AMG Financial Crime Compliance, you will be responsible for ensuring that the company adheres to its obligations as a Management Company under the relevant local laws and regulations, as well as the Group Financial Crime Compliance Policy.
The role is a CSSF registered function as Money Laundering Reporting Officer for HSBC Investment Funds (Luxembourg) SA, and as such you will be responsible for the necessary reporting to the CSSF in matters related to the Management Company and the funds it manages. Working closely with the Country Head of FCC as well as Regional and Global FCC colleagues in addressing the day-to-day tasks, and analysing more complex alerts, projects, or other FCC activities and related inquiries (e.g. the review and updating of operating manuals).
On a regular basis, you will report to the Conducting Officers and the Board of Directors on all material financial crime risk management matters, as well as any significant changes to applicable laws, regulations or codes. In addition, you will monitor and check for adherence to established FCC procedures and systems, assisting in FCC monitoring reviews and report findings and recommendations. Monthly participation in country and entity committees is also required.
You will provide support and assist on financial crime compliance matters, which also includes supporting local implementation of HSBC Global Standards projects.
The role requires extensive liaison with various Financial Crime Compliance colleagues both in the UK and those countries where the HSBC funds are distributed and to where Investment Management is delegated, as well as overseeing service providers to the funds and/or Management Company. An integral part of the role will be to provide FCC subject matter expertise when conducting due diligence on appointed service providers.
Experience and skills required:
• Bachelor or Master degree or equivalent;
• At least 7 years in the financial sector and more specifically experience in legal or compliance within the asset management and investment funds area;
• Good working knowledge of regulations applicable to Luxembourg Funds and Financial Companies specialising in funds services, and a good understanding of the requirements of the compliance function. Some experience of the mutual fund industry offshore appreciated;
• Good understanding of the UCITS environment and related ESMA requirements as well as any other applicable extraterritorial regulations;
• Working knowledge of Global Sanctions and Anti-Bribery and Corruption regulations
• Exceptional written and verbal communication skills with an ability to analyse, synthesise and clearly summarise composite matters;
• Strong negotiation skills with the ability to influence positively and manage relationships throughout HSBC Group operations;
• Results-oriented with careful time management discipline and focus on continuous improvement;
• AIFMD knowledge desirable
• Dynamic and self-motivated person with a naturally proactive approach;
• Experience in matrix managed company is considered an advantage;
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with good command of the English language and if possible of another European language (preferably French and/or German).
If you want to work in our challenging and multicultural environment and be part of a global team, please send your application letter and curriculum vitae (in English) to: email@example.com
HSBC in Luxembourg strives for true diversity in its workforce and as such we are an equal opportunities employer and positively encourage applications from all suitably qualified candidates.
Please note that due to the volume of applications received, we will acknowledge your application only if we wish to proceed to interview. If you have not received a response within 4 weeks your application has not been successful.
Please also note that every selected candidate will have to provide us with a valid criminal record check in due time.