AML Specialist - Remediation Project (FTC 6 months)
AML Specialist Remediation Project Location
The position is based in Northern Trusts offices in Luxembourg
AML Analyst: Liaise with clients to meet compliance and operational requirements including AML and KYC (Know your Client)
Summary Of Functions
• Existing and new Investors
Analyse the client profile, determine the risk level and collect the required set of documentation to meet applicable laws and regulations and in the respect of Northern Trust internal AML Policy procedures • Query Resolution
Respond to all clients and / or associated internal departmental queries in a timely, accurate and professional manner in accordance with departmental procedures.
• Take delivery of the applications and supporting documents through a workflow system
• Assess the content of the documents for completion and compliance to:
1. Standard Registration requirements
2. Pre-determined Anti-Money Laundering / Know your Client requirements
• Input the content of the documents onto the line of business
• Transmit the relevant communications to Clients/Investors related to the above Principal Responsibilities
• AML analysis of incoming cases (account opening, remediation, not compliant accounts)
• Day to day client reporting in relation to outstanding registration requirements
• Management and analysis of workflow queues assigned, as well as email and phone queries
• Compliance with regulations and attainment of client specific processing requirements
• Maintains a close working relationship with other areas within the Transfer Agency business unit and other Divisions/Departments within Northern Trust
• To work with the team, internal departments and group projects area on any allocated projects Accountabilities
• Employees are required to comply with the regulatory regime in which Northern Trust operates as appropriate to the above role.
• Employees are expected to exercise due care and diligence, and ensure that the responsibilities of the role are organised and controlled within the ambit of regulation, compliance and risk management.
• Employees are required to observe proper standards of market, business and personal conduct, demonstrating integrity in the execution of duties. Relationships
Internal Key Stakeholders
• Relationship Managers and CSM
• Internal Clients External Key Stakeholders
• External Clients
• External Auditors / Trustees and Compliance
• Shareholders Qualifications / Skills / Experience
• Transfer Agency Line of Business system, understanding of processing and related concepts
• Transfer Agency Workflow processing system and concepts
• Basic but strong AND up to date understanding of AML regulations
• Extensive knowledge of collective investment scheme administration and current regulatory environment
• An understanding of investment product administration Core Competencies
A strong / high level of the below:
• Understand principles of quality delivery
• Accuracy and attention to detail
• Planning / Organisational skills
• Work under pressure and unsupervised
• Interpersonal / Team player
• Self-motivated / Own initiative
• Ability to stay focussed / tenacious
• Effective communication skills, both verbal and written About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world's most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service. Working with Us:
As a Northern Trust partner, you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve!
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why Forbes ranked us the top employer for Diversity in 2018.
We'd love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world's most admired and ethical companies. Build your career with us and apply today.
As Northern Trust is a financial organisation; all new employees will be required to undergo a criminal record check.