ASSOCIATE VICE PRESIDENT, REPORTING & CONSOLIDATION - REAL ESTATE (M/F)
DO Recruitment Advisors is recruiting an AVP Reporting & Consolidation for a global and leading real estate company.
• Assist in preparation of all Group statutory and contractual financial reporting obligations including drafting of annual and semi-annual primary financial statements and notes to financial statements prepared under IFRS and/or Lux GAAP;
• Prepare quarterly consolidations/combinations for the Group's diverse investment portfolio, domiciled across Europe in regulated and unregulated vehicles;
• Support internal and external finance teams with intra-GAAP conversions, purchase price allocation entries and other material transactional activity;
• Work closely with portfolio accountants and ensure correctness of property and portfolio financial statements as well as consistent application of accounting policies;
• Preparation of IFRS and/or Lux GAAP consolidated and/or stand-alone financial statements (or other basis of accounting) for the Luxembourg domiciled holding companies;
• Facilitate timely and accurate monthly and quarterly closes and review of accounting records;
• Assist with resolving reporting queries from the finance teams;
• Coordinating Group and local audits,
• Liaising with tax and legal consultants;
• Assist with calculation of quarter-end and intra quarter NAV and reconciling to industry standard methodology;
• Preparation of Group lender covenant and Rating Agencies deliveries;
• Fulfill requests in connection with the monthly and quarterly Fund valuations or ad-hoc investor reporting;
• Assist VP Reporting with investment distributions and liquidity management and work closely with internal treasury and tax departments;
• Prepare and review income component of Time Weighted Return calculations and any other investment management reporting metrics.
• Provide Group tax reporting for the US parent;
• Oversight and maintenance of complex intercompany accounting;
• Assist with the preparation of quarterly board slides.
• Participation in determining best accounting practices and group policies and educate the internal and external teams;
• Providing financial reporting advice during new acquisition onboarding;
• Provide ongoing coaching and training to the direct reports;
• Ad hoc project work.
THE CANDIDATE PROFILE:
• 7+ years' experience of financial reporting in accordance with a major accounting framework (IFRS, US GAAP);
• Knowledge of real estate and real estate investment products (open-end and regulated funds is a plus) and capital markets;
• Strong group reporting skills including combinations, consolidations and investment company accounting.
• Strong familiarity with major European GAAPs (Luxembourg, German, French, UK, etc.) and GAAP to GAAP differences;
• Solid understanding of the reporting of Funds of Funds and liquid investments is desirable;
• Solid understanding of internal controls within real estate investment industry;
• Affinity for independent accounting research and experience drafting and interpreting accounting policies;
• Experienced reviewer with a superior attention to details;
• Solid understanding of fund, property and SPV accounting;
• Strong organisational and project management skills;
• Fluent in English - any other major European languages are an advantage
• Professional accounting qualification;
• Familiarity with INREV, NCREIF and ESG reporting guidelines is an advantage;
• Proficient user of MS Office standard applications, experience with Yardi is beneficial but not essential;
• Ability to thrive in a growth environment, adapt to changing circumstances and work autonomously;
• Able to prioritise on a daily basis and managing several competing deadlines.
Our client is global and leading real estate firm.
At the final stages of the recruitment process, the successful candidate can be asked to provide supporting documentation such as, for example, copies of diplomas or proof of previous jobs, and a standard criminal record check might also be requested.