Administrator - Company Secretarial
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world's most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
As a Northern Trust employee (Partner), you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve.
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why Forbes ranked us the top employer for Diversity in 2018. Description: Department:
Provide administrative support to the team
Domiciliary & Corporate Secretarial Job Title:
Corporate Secretarial Administrator Reports to:
Corporate Secretarial Team Leader Responsibilities: Authorised Signatory:
No Attend Board meetings:
Yes, with management guidance Client Communication:
Yes, with independence and escalation to manager, when needed Task Description:
• Instruct and supervise our vendor
• Definition and analysis of performance indicators
• Resolve special cases and issues and address accordingly with the appropriate areas
• Address and coordinate points requiring escalation with the team leader
• Coordinate the vendor management relationship and arising needs with internal and external parties
• Coordinate the Corporate Secretarial processes (such as Board Meetings, AGMs/EGMs,) in cooperation with the Vendor
• Handling of signatures lists and specific documents
• Control of invoices from the Vendor
• Maintain the details of entities serviced and contractual changes with the vendor
• Ensure and maintain filing of legal documents and dispatch information/documentation to concerned areas
• Follow-up of original documents, update tracking files and lists
• Liaise with internal and external stakeholders in terms of legal documentation's requests and make available such documentation upon request
• Collaborate closely with Corporate Secretary coordinators and support on ad hoc basis
• Support in / Handle audit requests and coordinate with Entities' external auditors Skills: Qualifications:
• University qualification
• Proven experience in a corporate environment
• Fluent in English - French and/or German advantageous
• Experience of Microsoft Outlook and Office Knowledge / Experience:
• Exposure to various types of investment vehicles including, but not limited to, SICARs, SCAs, SICAVs, FCPs and Management Companies
• A basic understanding of the Luxembourg legal environment
• Exposure to client facing situations would be an advantage
• Any experience attending board meetings and taking minutes would be an advantage
• Strong written communication skills
• Attention to detail and accuracy
• Organisational skills with the ability to prioritise and escalate potential risks
• Ability to work in a team and with external parties
• Interest in developing knowledge and skills Working with Us:
We'd love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world's most admired and ethical companies. In return, we will support you with your personal and career goals in a number of ways: Financial
- Life Assurance, Disability Plan, Pension/ Gratuity, Annual Pay Review Work Life Balance
- Flexible Work Options, Incremental Annual Leave, Community Volunteer Days
Health & Wellbeing
- Private Medical Insurance, Active Sports & Social clubs (lunchtime and after-work groups), Employee Assistance Program
- Clear Career Path, Education Assistance, Recognition Programme, NT University (wide range of online, virtual & in-house training options) and employee-led Business Resource Councils dedicated to diversity and inclusion initiatives.
We hope you're excited about the role and the opportunity to work with us.
We value an inclusive workplace and understand flexibility means different things to different people.
Apply today and talk to us about your flexible working requirements and together we can achieve greater.
As Northern Trust is a financial organisation, all new employees will be required to undergo a criminal record check.