Schroders Global Technology (GT) function is organised into a number of teams, distributed across Schroders' global offices, with technology hubs in London, Luxembourg, Singapore and New York.
Our application estate is comprised mainly of commercially available off-the-shelf software packages best suited to Schroders' operational needs, complimented by a number of internally developed proprietary systems to service the specific needs of the clients and products that our colleagues support.
We are a leading light in innovation and change, delivering business benefits as effectively and efficiently as possible. As well as assessing and implementing the latest trends in Artificial Intelligence and Robotic Process Automation, we have recently adopted the Scaled Agile (SAFe) methodology in GT to improve out transparency and enterprise agility. Through these approaches and a comprehensive suite of development and delivery tools we continually deliver the highest quality output time and again to help the business achieve their goals.
Global technology looks for talented individuals from a diverse set of backgrounds and we encourage applicants from outside the Asset Management industry to apply for our roles. We hold active membership with a variety of organisations to drive greater Diversity and Inclusion across the industry: Business in the Community, OUTstanding (LGBT), Business Disability Forum, Social Mobility Foundation and the Diversity Project (through the Investment Association), in order to drive change within the industry.
Who we look for
Agile Analysts are core members of the Capability aligned agile delivery team, responsible for contributing to all aspects of the analysis, design, development, building and testing of solutions within a sprint cadence. They are also responsible for managing their own work, estimating its complexity and size, determining technical design (within architectural guidelines) and contributing to the continuous improvement of their agile team. The team members rely heavily on collaboration and communication and must place great emphasis on Agile Values and Principles in order to achieve a sustainable high performing status.
Overview of role
• Support Capability Owners and Epic Owners/ Analysts to define and structure features and stories to be delivered by the Capability team
• Lead analysis tasks which contribute to the delivery of working software required by the Capability [Product] Owner
• Contribute to the analysis, development, build and testing of working software required by the Capability Owner
• Participate enthusiastically and effectively in Schroders Agile ceremonies
• Ensuring continued improvement through conducting regular retrospective reviews and executing high priority actions that emerge
• Responsible for contributing to agile planning, including sizing stories, parsing feature to user stories etc.
• Working with colleagues from other agile teams and shared service teams to both communicate dependencies
• Committing to increasing their skills and experience in non-core specialisms (e.g. Development , Testing, Business knowledge)
• Supporting other team members to improve their analysis skills where it is their non-core specialism
• Performing the role of Scrum Master for the agile team if required to do so
• Familiarity with Agile delivery methodologies, ideally SAFe
• Knowledge and experience of using business analysis techniques, methodologies and artefacts to support agile software development
• Some knowledge and experience of development or testing skills and tools and common programming languages is preferred
• Experience of working with global colleagues and stakeholders and sensitivity to cultural differences, time zones etc.
• Knowledge and experience of contributing to the development of technology solutions, both in house developed bespoke applications and commercially available off the shelf solutions
• Excellent understanding of the business context of the Capabilities
• Excellent ability to communicate how the work [features and stories] delivered by the Capability teams contributes to Epics
• Excellent command of the English language, both written and spoken
• Capable of remaining positive when under pressure
• Friendly, approachable and collaborative team player who enjoys working with people from across the firm
• Continuous improvement mind-set, challenges the status quo and seeks self improvement
• Problem solver, comfortable taking the initiative in challenging and ambiguous circumstances