Agile Analyst (M/F)
Agile Analyst (M/F) Who we're looking for
We are looking for an experienced business analyst / project owner to join a capability aligned agile delivery team to actively contribute to all aspects of the analysis, design, development, building and testing of solutions within a sprint cadence.
You are responsible to manage your own work, estimate its complexity and size, determine technical design (within architectural guidelines) and contribute to the continuous improvement of the agile team.
The team members are collaborative and communicative. They place great emphasis on agile values and principles in order to achieve a sustainable high performing status. About Schroders
We're a global investment manager. We help institutions, intermediaries and individuals around the world invest money to meet their goals, fulfil their ambitions, and prepare for the future.
We have around 5,000 people on six continents. And we've been around for over 200 years, but keep adapting as society and technology changes. What doesn't change is our commitment to helping our clients, and society, prosper. What you'll do
The knowledge, experience and qualifications you need
- Support Capability Owners and Epic Owners/ Analysts to define and structure features and stories to be delivered by the Capability team
- Lead analysis tasks which contribute to the delivery of working software required by the Capability [Product] Owner
- Contribute to the analysis, development, build and testing of working software required by the Capability Owner
- Participate enthusiastically and effectively in Schroders Agile ceremonies
- Ensure continued improvement through conducting regular retrospective reviews and executing high priority actions that emerge
- Contribute to agile planning, including sizing stories, parsing feature to user stories etc.
- Work with colleagues from other agile teams and shared service teams to both communicate dependencies
- Support other team members to improve their analysis skills where it is their non-core specialism
- Perform the role of Scrum Master for the agile team if required to do so
The knowledge, experience and qualifications that will help
- Commit to increase their skills and experience in non-core specialisms (e.g. development , testing, business knowledge)
- Understanding of securities and fund management industry
- Knowledge and experience of using business analysis techniques, methodologies and artefacts to support agile software development
- Familiarity with Agile delivery methodologies, ideally SAFe.
- Knowledge and experience of contributing to the development of technology solutions, both in house developed bespoke applications and commercially available off the shelf solutions.
- Excellent understanding of the business context of the Capabilities.
- Excellent ability to communicate how the work [features and stories] delivered by the Capability teams contributes to Epics
- Excellent command of the English language, both written and spoken
What you'll be like
- Some knowledge and experience of development or testing skills and tools and SQL
- Knowledge on SalesForce and/or PEGA would be a benefit
- Understanding of fund distribution and sales
We're looking for the best, whoever they are
- You are driven, collaborative, flexible and a great team player.
- Continuous improvement mind-set, challenges the status quo and seeks self-improvement
- Problem solver, comfortable taking the initiative in challenging and ambiguous circumstances
Schroders is an equal opportunities employer. You're welcome here whatever your sex, marital status, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, religious belief or age.