Application Support Engineer
Passionate about digtal, data, IoT or AI and willing to join a dynamic and ambitious team on a human scale?
For more than 15 years, we have been advising companies and administrations and supporting them in the implementation of their transformation projects in France and abroad.
To do so, we rely both on technological leverage and on the strength of our DNA based on collective intelligence, agility and entrepreneurial spirit.
With a presence on five continents and more than 3,500 employees, our goal is to reach more than a €1 billion revenue by 2024. Innovation is at the heart of our development and we are involved in areas linked to the technological changes of major groups, such as Big Data, IoT, Blockchain and Artificial Intelligence. Our values & playfields:
Together, let's build Talan's future. Job Description
- Intelligence collective
- Entrepreneurship /Intrapreneurship
- Promote diversity/mixity (Support to the Fondation femmes@Numerique...)
- Commitment (employees, partners, schools, associations...)
- Respect for human beings and quality of life at work
- Open-mindedness and inclusiveness
As a Talan Consultant you will have the opportunity to access project and team management functions, but also to highlight your initiatives by contributing to our business and organizational development.
You will provide support to applications and projects within IT Services environment and will ensure that maximum service level is provided to customers on a 24-hour basis . Principal duties and responsibilities
Knowledge and Qualifications
- Prepare, set-up and maintain the different environments required, according to the project phases (development, testing...) with our infrastructure provider;
- Implement, integrate and support third party software as well as internally developed applications within the IT Services;
- Support the production environment 24/7 and solve business and IT incidents with innovative solutions to ensure that a maximum service level is provided to Customers on a 24-hour basis;
- Analyze problems, resolve issues and perform monitoring, tuning and optimization of performance of in-house IT applications as well as third party software whilst ensuring maximum availability and service to customers;
- Ensure the integrity of the production environment and implement upgrades or new products that are critical for the daily operational business;
- Create and update all documents related to applications and their supporting systems;
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- Equivalent to the completion of at least 3 years of college coursework in computer science, management information systems or a closely related field or equivalent work experience;
- 3-5 years of experience in a similar position, ideally in the banking or financial sector;
- Hands-on knowledge of enterprise server and desktop operating systems, applications and scripting such as :
- Linux, AIX, Microsoft Windows
- Oracle, SQL
- Websphere Application Server
- IIS ( Internet Information Services )
- Kornshell, Powershell, PL SQL, VBscript
- Preference is given to individuals with a background on Linux;
- Knowledge on a Scheduler tool such as Tivoli Workload Scheduler is considered as an advantage;
- Previous experience providing IT support in a 24-hour operational environment preferred.
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills;
- Willingness to contribute and support a Knowledge sharing culture;
- Positive Attitude and Customer Focus;
- Communication Skills in French and English (Verbal, Written, Interpersonal, Proactive listening);
- Agile & Devops enthusiastic;
- Innovative thinking and problem solving;
- Effective time management;
- Ability to conduct research into software development and delivery concepts, as well as technical application issues;
- Ability to demonstrate proficiency with applications troubleshooting principles, methodologies and incident resolution;
- Willingness to work weekends as required.