(Associate) Lending Documentation Officer
, the European Union's bank, is seeking to recruit for its Finance Directorate (FI) - Planning and Settlement of Operations Department (PRO) - Contracts and Disbursements Division (C&D) Contracts Reviews & Amendments Unit (CRA) at its headquarters in Luxembourg, a (Associate) Lending Documentation Officer.
This is a full time temporary position at grade 4/5. The term of this contract will be 2 years . Panel interviews are anticipated for December. Purpose
As (Associate) Lending Documentation Officer (internally referred to as (Associate) Transaction Processing and Management Officer), you will review, comment and validate contractual documents concerning the Bank's lending operations as well as other financial products (incl. equities, guarantees and bond instruments) in order to ensure that the lending related principles and internal procedures are followed and the financial interests of the Bank are protected. You will also provide advisory services on loan pricing structures and related restructuring activities to front office colleagues. Operating Network
The unit reviews the financial clauses of legal documentation in the context of Bank's lending operations during the negotiation process in coordination with the Legal, Operational, and Transaction Management directorates of the Bank. The unit also provides advisory services on the financial feasibility of proposed loan structures and verifies the accuracy of the structure for subsequent pricing by the Treasury. Another task of the unit is the verification of the data input of newly signed contracts in the back office system ("CLM").
You will report to the head of unit and operate in a team responsible for review of the financial documentation. You will also provide opinion or advice on the proposed loan structures and its characteristics. You will sign off on loan pricing structures and validate the financial and contractual aspects of restructuring, refinancing or repricing operations. Accountabilities
- Review finance contracts and contract modifications in the lending domain covering products as bond instruments, equity funds, restructurings and guarantees, etc. in line with the EIB policies
- Advise OPS/TMR/JU on the rationale and the way of implementing financial clauses and products in the Finance Directorate ("FI") and in the Bank's booking system.
- Propose changes in the legal documentation in order to reflect the financial engagement taken by the Bank and eliminate or minimize the divergence from the standard FI products and FI procedures in the loan documentation.
- Review and validate on behalf of FI, the "Contract Summary Note". Involve other FI services, if needed, in the review and validation of the new proposed operation.
- Validate firm quote requests for loan pricing after having verified alignment with the respective approvals/loan documentation.
- Review and provide opinions to Notes and ensure that the proposal is in line with FI policies and procedures.
- Provide ad-hoc advice to OPS/TMR on complex and non-standard transactions
- Actively contribute to the improvement of the lending products, processes and procedures of the Bank
- Contribute to the development of new IT tools, in relation to lending products, in order to ensure the desired functionalities.
- Assist and support the Head of Unit for specific tasks, if need be.
- At least 3 years' relevant professional experience in lending, ideally in loan origination, loan syndication, restructuring function or other relevant financial areas
- Very good knowledge and understanding of standard financial products, especially loans or bonds
- Familiarity with "CLM" is a plus
- Excellent knowledge of written and spoken English and good command of French (*). Good working knowledge of Spanish, Portuguese or Dutch will be a distinct advantage
Find out more about EIB core competencies here
(*) There may be certain flexibility on this requirement, but limited to particularly suitable candidates who may not yet be proficient in French. If selected, such candidates will be hired on the condition that they build up rapidly knowledge of French and accept that their future career in the EIB may be subject to the attainment of sufficient proficiency in both of the Bank's working languages
We are an equal opportunity employer, who believes that diversity is good for our people and our business. As such, we promote the inclusion of suitably qualified and experienced staff without regard to their gender, age, racial or ethnic origin, religion or beliefs, sexual orientation/identity, or disability (*).
By applying for this position you acknowledge the importance of maintaining the security and integrity of the Information of the EIB Group. In case of selection for the position you agree to comply with all measures (policies, controls, document classification and management) implemented by the EIB Group to prevent unauthorized disclosure of any information or any damage to the EIB Group reputation.
Deadline for applications: 3rd November 2020
(*). We particularly welcome applications from women and persons with disabilities.