Associate Office Manager
- Competitive with excellent benefits
- Luxembourg Luxembourg Luxembourg LU
- Permanent, Full time
- 19 Jun 18 2018-06-19
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of March 31, 2018, the firm managed approximately $6.317 trillion in assets on behalf of
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of March 31, 2018, the firm managed approximately $6.317 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide. For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock.
BlackRock EMEA GAAPS (Global Accounting and Product Services) has responsibility for all NAV accounting matters across EMEA for pooled fund products. This involves responsibility for accurate and timely production of asset valuations produced in house or by third party administrators. The Team, amongst other things, has significant involvement in assisting various BlackRock departments in launch of new product and change management and closure of existing product. The Team additionally supports relevant Fund Boards, assists Legal and Compliance in relevant regulatory and legal matters specific to the funds and supports Portfolio Management Group, Sales and Marketing teams through technical knowledge of both the funds and in relation to jurisdictional requirements and accounting expertise.
This diverse and challenging role of Luxembourg Office Administrator is part of and supporting a team with responsibility for ownership of the product and fund administration oversight of BlackRock’s Luxembourg and Cayman domiciled business, EMEA Alternatives and Real Estate vehicles. In addition, the Lux office is home to small teams covering Fund Board Governance, Risk and Quantitative Analysis, Compliance and Retail Sales. The role reports to a manager in Luxembourg responsible for Product Oversight.
We are looking for an individual who is pro-active and flexible, can demonstrate initiative with a drive to succeed both as an individual and as a strong team player. The successful individual should demonstrate good organizational skills, flexibility and the ability to manage multiple activities and deadlines. A good communicator they will use their influencing skills to develop strong collaborative working relationships with staff as well as service providers, yet be comfortable working independently.
The role requires experience in office administration and organization, and an ability to work both as part of a team and independently. Primary functions include all office management, administration and invoice procedures and projects, as well as management and Board reporting
Role & Responsibilities
- All aspects of Office management and administration and corporate services support, including ordering supplies, dealing with service providers, keeping office running, dealing with mail
- Act as a BlackRock contact point for outsourced office administration vendor relationships, as well as co-ordinating with in-house corporate services and facilities teams.
- Identify risk and escalate in a timely manner. Proactively identify and recommend improvements to internal and external controls and processes as well as any resulting project management.
- Act as a key contact point for complex problems and technical issues relating of all aspects of office administration – whether external or internal.
- Co-ordinate all office travel planning and reservations
- Co-ordinate and control the office invoice and expenses process, including arranging payment for all relevant office invoices and expenses.
- Office holiday/vacation/other leave co-ordination and reporting
- Assist with the collation and reporting of Key Performance Indicators provided by 3rd party Fund service providers
- Assist in the collation, signature, dissemination and filing of documents as appropriate, particularly relating to tax, VAT, legal, registration and Board of Directors.
- Ensure compliance with all relevant BlackRock policies and with regulatory requirements relating to the office or its administration.
- Assist with required Board or Committee reports reflecting operational developments, issues and actions
Skills & Experience
- The Associate must have Office Management/Administration experience in a multi-lingual environment and proven experience in managing operational processes.
- Experience of working in a Fund Accounting / Operations environment would be useful
- The Associate must have strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to manage Service Providers to high standards.
- Excellent attention to detail is a key requirement of the role and the ability to identify risk and escalate appropriately.
- Strong prioritization skills and ability to manage differing requirements from multiple ‘clients’.
- Develop practical and pragmatic solutions through a ‘hands on’ approach.
- Strong team player with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Organized, methodical and capable of working independently, and as part of a team both within the Fund Administration team and across functions. Able to work effectively within a small team and also across several larger teams.
- The position requires the ability to handle multiple tasks, meet deadlines and flexibility. The employee must also possess analytical skills and be computer literate
- Needs initiative, drive and enthusiasm.
- Excellent verbal and written communication capabilities – ability to interact with all levels, including independent fund directors, industry groups, business heads and the firm’s senior management.
- Experience in the usual applications - MS Office, Explorer and Outlook, Adobe. Basic knowledge of Concur and Oracle would be an asset but not a requirement as training will be given
- Fluent English and French
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.