(Associate) Transaction Processing and Management Officer
, the European Union's bank, is seeking to recruit for its Finance Directorate (FI) - Planning and Settlement of Operations Department (PRO) - Loan Administration & Reflows Division (LAR) - Loan Administration Unit (LA) at its headquarters in Luxembourg, a (Associate) Transaction Processing and Management Officer.
This is a full-time temporary position at grade 4/5.
The term of this contract will be 1 year, as this is a temporary replacement assignment, no extension or conversion of the contract is foreseen
Panel interviews are anticipated for beginning of April 2020. Purpose
As (Associate)Transaction Processing and Management Officer you will implement processes and controls review and process loans and equity/equity type events in the back-office loans systems, based on instructions received from OPS or TMR in order to in order to properly service the loan in relation to post disbursements events and to timely and accurately capture the changes in the Bank's back office systems. Operating Network
You will report to the head of unit, and autonomously execute key processes, including some of high complexity, ensuring the overall quality of the unit's output and compliance with the Bank's policies and processes. You will assume an advisory role and represent the team in working groups/transversal initiatives, or occasionally, act as a backup to the Head of Unit for operational matters upon the request of management. The unit participates in the New Products consultation process for lending activities. Accountabilities
- Record and validate key tasks in the unit, including prepayments, rate revisions/conversions, various contractual amendments such as loan pricing updates, credit related events and post disbursements equity type business;
- Process and capture complex restructurings (i.e. defaulted loans, or in distress) which entail investigating and identifying solutions for dedicated workarounds in the back office system and thereafter processing and settling such agreements in the Bank's systems;
- Review instructions against relevant contractual documentation;
- Actively participate in the New Products consultation process, as representative of the team upon request of the management, analysing the requirements and impacts of new products in the context of Back office operations; In specific, propose solutions/adaptations and corrective actions in response to queries about the recording of such future new products to be captured in the Bank's back office lending applications;
- Deliver in ad hoc or longer-term projects, as well as transversal initiatives, in order to ensure implementation within the set scope, quality, time and budget; Actively support the Head of Unit in the related change management activities;
- Evaluate risks embedded in the team's activities; Review of the design and effectiveness of controls in place to mitigate those risks; Annual update of the Internal Control Framework (on a rotation basis with other colleagues) in line with the requirements of the ICA team and Best Banking Practices; Follow up on the implementation of the ICF report findings;
- Investigate operational risk incidents, draft incident reports including recommendations, follow up on actions taken to mitigate the relevant risks;
- Actively analyse and raise awareness within the unit and relevant system support teams in relation to issues of data capturing encountered in the course of business;
- Co-operate with other Services to continuously review and improve Bank processes and procedures;
- Analyse and advise on optimisation of any software related enhancements; contribute to/review business specifications, participate in testing of software enhancements/new functionalities.
- University degree in a business related field (i.e. Business Administration, Accounting, Economics);
- Additional relevant postgraduate studies or professional qualification would be considered as an advantage;
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant professional experience within a financial institution, preferably either in the back office, in commercial lending or as a financial analyst;
- Very good knowledge and understanding of financial products;
- Excellent numerical skills and knowledge of financial analysis and accounting principles;
- Very good understanding of loan documentation;
- Proficiency in standard IT applications (particularly Excel);
- Knowledge of relevant EIB IT applications (CLM, Pirat) would be considered as a distinct advantage;
- Knowledge of the Bank's lending products offering will be considered as a distinct advantage;
- Knowledge of other reporting applications or statistical analysis experience will be considered as an advantage;
- Fluency in English; Ability to work in French or other EU languages will be considered as an advantage.
- Achievement Drive: Continually keeps an eye on performance, focusing on improving it, showing drive and determination to meet short and long-term goals;
- Change Orientation: Adapts to differences and changes in the environment; takes a flexible approach to reach outcomes;
- Collaboration: Works cooperatively as part of a team; works collaboratively with peers across organisational boundaries based on a genuine interest in and an accurate understanding of others and their individual perspectives and concerns;
- Organisational Commitment: Is willing to commit to an organisation whose mission is to support Europe and is open to diversity, and to align her/his own behaviour with the organisation 's needs and intrinsic values, acting with integrity in ways that promote the organisation 's mission, policies and rules.
We are an equal opportunity employer, who believes that diversity is good for our people and our business. As such, we promote the inclusion of suitably qualified and experienced staff without regard to their gender, age, racial or ethnic origin, religion or beliefs, sexual orientation/identity, or disability (*).
Deadline for applications: 6 th March 2020
(*). We particularly welcome applications from women and persons with disabilities.