Auditor, Corporate Audit
- Permanent, Full time
- State Street
- 09 Feb 18 2018-02-09
The Auditor executes risk and control assessment and testing activities during audits and advisory engagements that evaluate corporate management, business processes, business controls, risk assessments and operating practices globally
Exciting opportunity for risk and audit professionals to join a global industry leader offering:
- Career progression opportunities
- Dynamic team environment
- Continuous learning and development
- International exposure
- Senior management interaction
- State Street’s Corporate Audit Division
State Street’s Corporate Audit Division carefully recruits professionals from a diverse pool of professional backgrounds including prior audit experience in internal and external audit practices information technology or specialized areas such as transfer agency regulatory compliance securities trading and operations.
As a member of Corporate Audit you will be part of a team where collaboration is encouraged excellence is rewarded assignments are varied and diversity is valued. We offer flexible schedules continuous training global exposure and multiple opportunities for personal and professional growth.
Our team of professionals is responsible for providing independent objective assurance and advisory services designed to add value minimize risk and improve the overall control environment of State Street Corporation and its subsidiaries. Our auditors interact and communicate regularly with executive management and have tremendous insight into all parts of the Corporation’s daily operations. Our audit team acts as:
- Independent advisors - advising management on key risks related to strategic initiatives organization process and systemic changes
- Subject matter specialists and controls experts - providing knowledge and experience in key risk areas
- Efficiency specialists - identifying inefficiencies in risk management and control design
- Problem-solving partners - identifying trends to help management anticipate current and future risks and opportunities
The Auditor will work as part of an international team with global stakeholders in new and changing situations including new industry regulations where there may not always be a readily apparent solution. The Auditor will participate in the performance of audits globally specifically focusing on fieldwork risk assessment and testing the internal control environment and in the reviews of business processes and internal controls using a risk based audit methodology.
The Auditor executes risk and control assessment and testing activities during audits and advisory engagements that evaluate corporate management business processes business controls risk assessments and operating practices globally.
The Auditor will analyze data facts and test results to draw appropriate conclusions regarding the effectiveness and efficiency of the client’s internal controls and communicate control weaknesses directly with business-line managers
The Auditor will prepare or review audit workpapers ensuring sound audit theory and compliance with the division’s risk-based audit methodology.
The Auditor ensures that audits are completed in compliance with the Corporate Audit Division’s and Institute of Internal Auditor’s standards.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Proficient or knowledgeable in evaluating and testing internal controls and in applying a risk-based audit approach.
- Audit risk or compliance background with relevant Financial Services experience including investor services preferred. Alternatively investor services operational experience is desired.
- Strong analytical interpersonal time management project management research and communications (verbal and written) skills.
- Results-oriented and accomplished in partnering with diverse global stakeholders.
- Bachelor or Master degree in Accounting Finance Information Technology or Business Administration preferred.
- Experience in Financial Services industry preferred
- A professional audit or accountancy qualification (e.g. CPA ACA ACCA CIA CISA) is a plus but not essential.
- Fluency in both English - written and spoken.
- This role may require travel up to 35 percent primarily to certain locations in Europe.