- Permanent, Full time
- HSBC Bank plc, Luxembourg Branch
- 09 Feb 18 2018-02-09
For our private banking activities, we are currently looking to recruit a Business Manager.
HSBC Holdings plc, the parent company of the HSBC Group, is headquartered in London. The Group serves customers worldwide from around 3,900 offices in 67 countries and territories in Europe, Asia, North and Latin America, and the Middle East and North Africa.
With assets of US$2,526bn at 30th September 2017, HSBC is one of the world’s largest banking and financial services organisations
HSBC provides a comprehensive range of financial services through four global businesses: Retail Banking & Wealth Management; Commercial Banking; Global Banking and Markets; and Global Private Banking.
The HSBC Group in Luxembourg is a significant employer and operates several businesses including asset management, securities services, private banking and corporate banking.
HSBC Private Bank is a very successful and growing business and is part of the HSBC Group worldwide. HSBC Private Bank provides services to high net worth individuals and their families through 96 locations in some 44 countries and territories in Europe, the Americas, the Asia-Pacific region, the Middle East and Africa before. The HSBC Group is ethical and values driven and we are uncompromising in this respect as a Private Bank. Diversity and Corporate Sustainability are fundamental to the way we work.
For our private banking activities, we are currently looking to recruit a:
Reporting to the Luxembourg Chief Administrative Officer, you will work closely with the Business Management Team in HSBC Luxembourg.
Role and Responsibilities:
Deputising the lead Business Manager, you will support the Front Office in various subjects, including but not limited to:
• Stockholm Branch oversight controls/DIBs etc
• NNM/Pipeline monitoring
• Avaloq representation/system and procedure enhancements
• Portfolio review and revenue initiaves
• Non-Priority Market approvals and exceptions
• Representation of Front Office in various projects including, but not limited to
• MiFID/EMIR coordination (Front Office representation)
• Other ad hoc projects and reporting requirements
Professional Skills and Experience:
• University degree, preferably in management, economics, finance or similar;
• Minimum 5 years experience of private banking within Front Office or Business Management role.
• Broad understanding of private banking, including understanding of fiancial products, banking processes and systems
• Demonstrate an understanding of Risk Management processes and practices
• Well organized, autonomous and proficient with MS Office tools like Word and Excel
• Flexibility and ability to work independently on own initiative and as a member of a team
• Ability to work to tight deadlines, while maintaining close attention to detail and with an ability to set priorities
• Ability to operate in matrix structures with multiple stakeholders and in a multicultural environment
• Proven analytical and reporting skills.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to establish an effective network and relationships with a number of departments.
• Strong negotiating skills
• Team player with drive and determination.
• Fluency in English and French. Other languages will be considered as an advantage.
If you want to work in our challenging and multicultural environment and be part of a global team, please send your application letter and curriculum vitae (in English) to: email@example.com
HSBC in Luxembourg strives for true diversity in its workforce and as such we are an equal opportunities employer and positively encourage applications from all suitably qualified candidates.
Please note that due to the volume of applications received we will acknowledge your application only if we wish to proceed to interview. If you have not received a response within 4 weeks your application has not been successful
Please also note that every selected candidate will have to provide us with a valid criminal record check in due time.