Our client is a leading fully licensed Luxembourg Alternative Investment Asset Manager (AIFM) providing manco services to a number of private investment funds. The funds invest in both public (capital markets) and private equity / credit markets and have been in operation for many years. We are looking for a high-performing Chief Operating Officer (“COO”) who can help our client grow further and accompany them in change management initiatives and projects. The COO will be responsible for overseeing all aspects of the Firm’s non-investing activities.
This a newly created position following the company’s organic growth and will report to the Board of the AIFM.
The successful Candidate must have:
- An operations, legal, audit or fund accounting background
- Deep knowledge of the funds and regulated AIFM business with minimum 10 years of experience and at least 5 years in a similar senior operation role.
- Knowledge of the relevant CSSF (Luxembourgish Financial Authority) regulatory requirements and best practices to fulfil such requirements.
- Experience in change management and design / set-up of best practices framework, innovative processes
- Leadership and successful team management experience
- A legal, audit or fund accounting background
Roles and responsibilities:
- Responsible for overseeing teams and following departments: Operations, Finance/ Treasury, IT, Legal, HR and overall administration
- Risk management, Compliance function and AML
- Regulatory filings & applications, Reporting to regulator
- Valuation oversight-independent NAV, valuation committee; Fund accounting. Annual accounts & reporting; Treasury/ cash management
- Supervision of delegated services and coordination with service providers (depository, central agent, auditors, lawyers)
- Participation in management committee and investment committee
- Corporate Secretariat, Payroll, Office services and IT systems
- Mid-office services to support investment teams. Responsible for all other “non-customer facing” aspects of the business if required by the company and management of on-going ad-hoc projects.
- To be eligible you need to be based in Luxembourg or have had a previous significant past experience in Luxembourg
- Minimum of 10 year of experience with strong academics MBA and/or CFA,
- Successful similar experience including the following: Strong interpersonal communication and presentation skills.
- Solid working knowledge of investment management, budgeting, communication, change management and strategic planning.
- Ability to generate respect and trust from staff and external interlocutors. Outstanding organizational skills and detail orientation.
- Ability to manage complex projects involving various stakeholders and multiple projects of varying priority.
- Strong collaboration skills and experience working in small teams ; Creative problem solving skills with ability to manage small teams with limited resources
This is an exclusive mandate. Please submit your application online.