Credit Officer 350-400€ Luxembourg
- Luxembourg Luxembourg Luxembourg LU
- Permanent, Full time
- Skillfinder International
- 18 May 18 2018-05-18
We are currently looking for a Credit Officer for a position in Luxembourg 350-400€ per day
Field of activity
Group Credit’s objective is to ensure that business activities are conducted within a prudent credit risk framework that is consistent with the bank’s credit appetite and in compliance with regulatory and supervisory requirements. In your position as Credit Officer you will monitor customers’ credit exposures targeting maximum settlement efficiency while ensuring that the level of credit risk accepted by accordance with the bank’s credit policies, underwriting standards and regulatory requirements. As part of the group-wide Credit team, you will provide credit recommendations to management and respond promptly to demands for credit information and advice from the business areas..
· Monitor credit exposures, force purchases of securities and authorise the release of customers’ payments while ensuring strict adherence to credit policies and procedures
· Daily review of failed / blocked instructions ensuring timely adherence to currency deadlines
· Conduct credit research and market intelligence in order to acquire sufficient knowledge of the counterparts under your responsibility
· Assess customer’s credit needs based on historical data and available collateral
· Provide reporting and statistics on the collateral held
· Assess credit risks on the debt / bond market
· Evaluate the criteria taken into account for collateral eligibility and search for improvements in the criteria used and the quality of data
· Provide support on credit and collateral issues, to various departments such as Sales, Risk Management, etc.
· Contribute to the review, update and development of credit policies, procedures and guidelines
· Review and assess the impact on the credit business of new regulations and guidelines issued by relevant authorities in Luxembourg, Frankfurt and Singapore
· University degree in Business, Accountancy or Banking & Finance
· At least 3 years of relevant experience
· Good understanding of financial markets and instruments – knowledge of the process of clearing and settlement is and advantage
· Strong analytical background supported by prior experience in the credit and collateral area
· Good understanding of credit agencies rating policy
· Ability to work under pressure with good organisation and prioritization skills.
· Credibility and drive to present senior management with robust and accurate credit recommendations.
· Good knowledge of MS Office applications, with strong focus on MS Access
· Good command of the Bloomberg Terminal
· Excellent command of English
· Highly motivated and willing to assume additional assignments, including working in shifts (until 20,30CET)
· Excellent communication skills and the ability to operate across a number of functions and business areas