In the context of the development of its business, the Pictet Group is seeking to recruit a Depositary Oversight Officer. In this position, you will be responsible for the administrative handling of private equity/debt and real estate investments made by alternative investment funds, with the aim of ensuring that all depositary safekeeping, /timely settlement and banking duties are carried out and complied with. You will be the contact person of clients (either AIFMs or their delegated investment managers) for depositary operational matters.
The Pictet Group is a partnership of seven owner managers, with principles of succession and transmission of ownership that have remained unchanged since foundation in 1805. It offers only wealth management, asset management and related asset services. The Group does not engage in investment banking, nor does it extend commercial loans. With CHF 556 billion in assets under management or custody at 30 September 2019, Pictet is today one of the leading Europe-based independent wealth and asset managers.
Headquartered in Geneva, Switzerland and founded there, Pictet today employs more than 4,500 people. It has 27 offices in: Amsterdam, Barcelona, Basel, Brussels, Dubai, Frankfurt, Geneva, Hong Kong, Lausanne, London, Luxembourg, Madrid, Milan, Montreal, Munich, Nassau, Osaka, Paris, Rome, Singapore, Stuttgart, Taipei, Tel Aviv, Tokyo, Turin, Verona and Zurich.
Job description: Your team
In the context of the development of its business, the Pictet Group is seeking to recruit a Depositary Oversight Officer. In this position, you will be responsible for the administrative handling of private equity/debt and real estate investments made by alternative investment funds, with the aim of ensuring that all depositary safekeeping, /timely settlement and banking duties are carried out and complied with. You will be the contact person of clients (either AIFMs or their delegated investment managers) for depositary operational matters. Your role
On-boarding and client service:
- Contribute to organizing and coordinating depositary aspects of new AIFs onboarding;
- Taking part in depositary feasibility/compliance assessments of new projects as an expert in private equity/debt and real estate asset classes;
- Liaise with clients for all operational matters relating to their investments, escalate unsolved issues internally to the Depositary Supervision team;
- Working efficiently with fund administrations;
- Process transactions supported by accurate and complete documentation:
- Collect, follow up and understand the investment/divestment documentation, gather a fundamental understanding of the investment structure and especially the transfer of ownership;
- Perform and document the look through analysis on direct investments characterized by a chain of ownership via intermediary structures up to the underlying assets;
- Prepare recordkeeping/payment instructions to the dedicated teams and undertake usual prior banking checks;
- Perform formal oversight on transactions bookings;
- Supervise investments during their life cycle and ensure the proper processing of economic benefits of transactions flowing back to funds;
- Help design safekeeping procedures to be put in place with AIFMs (as prescribed by depositary regulations);
- Contribute to maintaining a sound/efficient control framework on funds’ transactions;
- Define processes and procedures; analyze and implement operational improvements; work on ISAE discussions;
- Facilitate communication between various PE and RE teams;
- Take part in performing due diligence on third parties involved in the safekeeping of assets (mainly the AIFM) along with the Depositary Supervision team;
- University degree in finance, economics, law or management;
- 4-6 years’ experience in a similar position or in depositary operations;
- Strong understanding of Luxembourg depositary/fund regulations and best practices;
- In-depth knowledge of alternative products/strategies, in particular private equity/debt and real estate investments;
- Ability to communicate efficiently and professionally with both peers and external stakeholders including clients and regulators;
- Organized and precise in all aspects of your work;
- Flexibility, able to adapt to and manage the unexpected;
- Ability to work both in a team and autonomously;
- Organizational skills;
- Fluent in English and French. Another EU language would be an asset;
- IT skills: comfortable with MS software (Excel, PowerPoint, etc.);
- eFront/Avaloq experience would be considered an asset.
You will have the opportunity to demonstrate and improve your knowledge about the private equity industry, whilst benefiting from working with a dynamic team.
Note We will not accept any CVs via agencies