Director-Fund Tax Europe
- Permanent, Full time
- Franklin Templeton Investments
- 24 Sep 17
Director-Fund Tax Europe
Franklin Templeton Investments is a leading global investment management organization with over 70 years of experience. Our greatest assets are around 9,000 employees working in 34 countries to offer investment solutions in more than 150 countries. Our mission is to be the premier global investment management organization. We achieve this mission by offering high quality investment solutions, providing outstanding service and attracting, motivating and retaining talented people. We are guided by our unique perspective and core values: putting clients first, building relationships, achieving quality results, and working with integrity. We offer an exceptional range of diverse career options and we strive to bring a balance of work and life to our employees.
The following opportunity is available in our Luxembourg office:
Director - Fund Tax Europe
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Establishing and maintaining internal tax policies and procedures and coordinating with colleagues globally on such matters, where appropriate.
- Responsible for key business decisions within the European Fund Tax Department and for the overall management of the department regionally. To that end, the Director - Fund Tax Europe must understand both current needs and anticipated resource requirements to effectively develop longer term business plans and ensure that a robust internal control structure is in place within the department.
- Developing strategic tax plans for the department and funds and to present such plans to senior division and company management. This requires the incorporation of both local tax law as well as a detailed understanding of new or pending tax legislation so as to fully understand the potential impacts to the Franklin Templeton fund products regionally.
- Ensuring that the European Fund Tax team maintains applicable product and investor tax compliance deliverables, provides high quality business solutions to key internal business partners including Portfolio Management, Product Development, the Transfer Agency, and effectively collaborates with other business units across the organization.
- Representation of Franklin Templeton on applicable industry bodies, working closely with tax advisors and auditors to establish appropriate tax positions and advising business partners on complex tax questions.
Requirements and Expectations:
- An advanced degree in law, taxation, accounting or in a related field with a substantial concentration in tax.
- Certification as an attorney (e.g. member of applicable bar), public accountant, certified tax advisor or comparable local qualification is required.
- Fluency in English. German and/or French language skills would be strong asset.
- A minimum of 10 to 15 years of significant tax experience in a public accounting firm or in an industry position, with substantial exposure to the issues of the taxation of European investment funds, financial instruments and transactions, as well as to European investor reporting.
- Significant experience with managing a functionally and geographically diverse team.
- Experience in analyzing, educating on and implementing global tax laws is required. Strong project management skills so as to ensure that tax projects are achieved in a timely manner.
- Excellent technical research, analysis and writing skills so as to be able to conduct and document applicable tax issues, considerations and recommendations related to complex tax issues or situations, with a demonstrated ability to present complex tax issues in a succinct and understandable manner to key business partners.
- Ability to persuasively represent the company and funds in various discussions including with local tax authorities, the tax auditors, lobbying bodies, etc.
We thrive in a dynamic culture and offer an opportunity for you to maximize your potential and we are committed to offering a competitive compensation package as well as exceptional benefits program.
Applications are only considered through our website www.franklintempletoncareers.com