Whether you're an investment professional, an expert in sales or a technology specialist, you'll find a culture at MFS that supports you in doing what you do best. Our employees work together to reach better outcomes, always favoring the strongest idea over the strongest individual. We put people first and show care and compassion for our community and each other. Because what we do matters - to us as valued professionals and to the millions of people and institutions who rely on us to help them build more secure and prosperous futures. Job Description PURPOSE
PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Using discretion and judgment to establish and execute a territory (regional) plan. In order to recommend relevant investment solutions undertake the relevant sales and relationship management activity to prospective new and manage existing clients.
- Responsible for the effective distribution/marketing activity of the firm's investment management services and solutions to the relevant client in the region (Institutional investors and wholesale; private banking, brokerage network).
- Develops and maintains a close and direct relationship with the client and their associated representatives.
- Retains existing relationships while striving to diversify and grow relationships.
- Develops and implements a territory /regional plan in conjunction with Institutional Sales Director for achieving superior results in both the sales of the gathering of institutional assets for separate account management and mutual funds. Responsible for local market expertise and intelligence.
- Works in conjunction with Institutional Sales Director to build/strengthen relationships and drive sales with prospects within the designated territories. Respond to more complex prospect inquiries directly in conjunction with the territory sales director as an internal backup.
- Delivers the territory plan. Works in partnership with all areas of the MFS team; client service, product, investment, compliance, legal and marketing. Travels to cover sales territory as necessary.
- Cold-calling - responsible for cold calling the entire market spectrum within the
- territory. This requires calling on bronze to platinum prospects with the goal of raising brand awareness for MFS and the "Territory Team" within the territory by establishing a dialogue, extending the dialogue, scheduling meetings and raising activity levels.
- Sales/Marketing - Develops systematic methods to expand relationships with prospects and field consultants within the designated territories with a goal of being able to document complete coverage of the territory and increasing revenue generation within the territory.
- Ensures all data on clients in the region/territory are recorded and correct; makes full use of the CRM systems and stores documentation so it is accessible to all.
- Training - Maintain a high level of product expertise - both MFS and non-MFS products. Be up to date on industry news, including industry publications, conferences, and seminars. Represent MFS at industry conferences/events as required.
- Compliance - Complies with all internal and external rules, policies and procedures.
- Acts as primary contact for clients regarding all aspects of the relationship with MFS. Maintains and expands knowledge of client's needs, concerns and overall satisfaction with MFS, through written, verbal and face to face contact. Provides similar services to relevant field consultants and field keepers (record keepers). Participates in gathering and using client feedback, both formal and informal, to enrich the client experience and the MFS business.
- Works closely with the investment team to help effectively communicate the MFS story which includes educating client on multi-dimensional service capabilities and diversifying strategies for the MFS business that meets their needs. Keeps clients current to relevant issues and enhancements regarding MFS, their portfolio and the broader markets. Understands if and when the relationship is at risk and how to mitigate this business risk.
- Keeps appropriate parties (Sales, Marketing, Portfolio Management, MFS Management) abreast of client needs and developments to ensure that goals are met and client satisfaction remains very high.
- Assumes additional responsibilities as requested.
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal skills, with a desire to develop and refine presentation skills
- Creative thinker who has the ability to operate autonomously while working in broad team dynamics
- Strong interpersonal skills with desire of developing both prospect and client oriented relationships
- Bachelor's degree required. CFA however MBA and post graduate work also beneficial.
- Relevant investment-related or financial experience with particular experience in direct client-oriented capacity.
- A passion for the investment management business.
- Knowledge of defined contribution markets and products required.
- Ability to set priorities and meet deadlines. A deep curiosity of our business and industry so we can improve how we can assist our clients while also improving the MFS business.
- Experience of successfully managing a regional or territory, demonstrating effective distribution/marketing activity of the firm's investment management services and solutions marketing financial products.
- Ability to work remotely and independently with a high degree of integrity. Experience of working across global matrix teams in a collaborative manner to achieve results.
- Entrepreneurial mindset balanced with strong team work. Experience of working across global matrix teams in a collaborative manner to achieve results.
- Language skills; fluent in both the local/ regional languages and English.
- Strong organizational and planning skills are a must.
- MIFID II - Advice Giver qualifications required for MIL UK entity only
If any applicant is unable to complete an application or respond to a job opening because of a disability, please contact MFS at 617-954-5000 or email email@example.com for assistance.
MFS is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and it is our policy to not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state or local laws. Employees and applicants of MFS will not be subject to harassment on the basis of their status. Additionally, retaliation, including intimidation, threats, or coercion, because an employee or applicant has objected to discrimination, engaged or may engage in filing a complaint, assisted in a review, investigation, or hearing or have otherwise sought to obtain their legal rights under any Federal, State, or local EEO law is prohibited. " Click here to view the 'EEO is the Law' poster and supplement ."