- Permanent, Full time
- Schroders Investment Management
- Full time
Facilities ManagerRole Overview
The appointed candidate will be reporting to the Head of Corporate Services Luxembourg and will be also the deputy for leading employees in the Corporate Services (Document Management and Reception) department.
• the duties including the management of the relationships with the landlord, architects, property agents as well as Luxembourg based government functions overseeing building / office space related regulations (including compliance with internal & external policies/regulations on facilities and people safety).
• Shares the responsibility for as part of a team processing/collating information for inclusion in Regulatory / Compliance reporting (e.g. Health and Safety regulations).
• Building security, cleaning & maintenance services, catering, office furniture and any other facility related duties.
• the refinement, promotion and the application of existing functional / corporate policies.
• the creation and development of new procedures / practices / processes.
• management and testing of the Business Continuity Plan (BCP) and Business Recovery Site of SIM Europe.
• compliance with internal and external regulations on buildings, office space, safety and security.
• the office environment and is responsible for the relationship with the Landlord and suppliers of office support services.
• and oversees the selection of suppliers, catering and despatch services.
• an undefined number of employees regarding the delivery of their daily tasks & responsibilities
Appointed as the Business Continuity Manager for SIM Europe and as the management representative for Health and Security.
Provides expert Facilities advice. One of few sources within Schroders at this level, decisions of significant importance would be based on the advice given.
Required to work on weekends (on demand) and also being available in building crisis situations.
The appointed candidate can take decisions / actions that would have a major impact on particular client groups or sections of the organisation's market, as well as having a considerable impact on a number of functions within the organisation or on the organisation as a whole.
A levels or equivalent. Building and Site Management degree or equivalent to building/office infrastructure education.
Practical expertise: Building technical expertise. Business Continuity and Recovery Site expertise. Capital and Cost management expertise.
Has considerable experience and is likely to coordinate the activities of a number of teams or specialists covering a range of fields in Financial and non-Financial Services Operations.
Developing of new ideas that will result in significant changes to the existing services, methods, policies and/or approaches of Schroders. Such roles will involve research, analysis and reasoned arguments.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Excellent written and spoken English.
• Highly organised and able to prioritise.
• Ability to work independently and accurately even under pressure.
• Excellent team player.
• Self motivated and working with Drive and Determination.
• Very good computer skills with a strong knowledge of the MS Office products.
• Good knowledge of French and / or German language being an advantage.
• Good team / people management skills.
• Trained as "Travailleur Designee" being an advantage.