- Luxembourg Luxembourg Luxembourg LU
- Permanent, Full time
- 17 Jul 18 2018-07-17
SOGELIFE has been established as a Life Insurer in the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg since 1996. The company is a subsidiary of SOGECAP - the Société Générale group Life Insurer in France - and Société Générale Bank & Trust in Luxembourg - the principal Société Générale Group international Private Banking, Investment Custody and Fund Management business unit.
Having been in business for over twenty years, SOGELIFE is reputed for its expertise and know-how. The company has been partnering with the advisors of high net worth clients and institutions to market a number of Life Insurance products.
SOGELIFE is internationally oriented and offers its partners and clients customised wealth management services.
We are currently looking for a Financial analyst. This position is the opportunity for a young graduate to join an entity of Société Générale Group and to benefit for a training and development programme specially designed for young graduates.
Your role within the Financial Engineering team within the Finance & Risks Department, will consist in helping to develop Unit-Linked business while being attentive to financial risks.
Legal, financial and operational analysis
- Perform risk analysis on any kind of financial instruments that could be invested within our life insurance contracts (listed and unlisted equities, bonds & funds, structured products, hedge funds, derivatives...).
- Collect all relevant legal and financial documentation of asset managers (which will manage assets of life insurance internal funds) and custodians (which will custody life insurance internal funds) in a view to analyse them and approve (or not) a future partnership.
Regular monitoring of life insurance contracts
- Check the compliance of our life insurance contracts with investment limits set by the Commissariat aux Assurances (our regulatory authority) and those set by the life insurance policyholders.
- Classify all financial instruments invested within our life insurance contracts.
Product development and continuous improvement projects
- Assess risks on financial activities performed by SOGELIFE and maintain awareness of how risk influences decision making and apply appropriately.
- Monitor new regulations (such as EMIR, PRIIPS...) and contribute to operational implementation within SOGELIFE in collaboration with the Legal department.
- Participate, propose improvements in processes, tools and/or procedures.
- Contribute to the development of new Unit-Linked investment solutions and participate to their implementation.
- Contribute to automation and digital-oriented projects
- University degree (Bac + 5) in International Finance, Financial Markets or Financial Engineering.
- Young graduate with at least 1 year experience within the Financial industry (Banking, Asset Management or Life Insurance) with a strong knowledge of financial instruments and financial markets.
- Highly proficient with MS Office Tools, specially Excel and VBA.
- Highly proficient with Financial tools such as Bloomberg, Six or Thomson Reuters.
- Strong interest in the Life Insurance industry and especially a good knowledge of Unit-Linked Products
- Result-oriented and quality driven.
- Ability to work as a member of a team, supporting colleagues and developing good working relationships.
- Proven communication and presentations skills.
- Very good level of both written and spoken communication in French and English.