We are searching for an enthusiastic accountant to join our Private Equity Fund Admin team in Luxembourg. Within this position you will be responsible for providing and managing the daily administration, accounting and reporting function for a range of private equity clients. All you need is working knowledge of closed ended funds structures such as Private Equity or Private Debt.
The Private Equity Fund Accounting team in Luxembourg has a focus on clients based in the EMEA (Europe, Middle East and Africa) region as well as global clients with funds targeting European investors. We provide services to a number of high profile names in the industry with a broad strategic focus. A variety of fund types and service offerings are catered for including buyout, fund-of-funds, Real Estate, mezzanine debt, loan, venture, secondaries. This role represents a unique opportunity to join a growing team in a top-tier administrator with an ever increasing presence in the regional and global market.
- Maintain the general ledger and sub-ledgers for a range of funds and SPVs.
- Perform reconciliations and daily/weekly cash monitoring
- Assist the team in preparation of financial statements, footnotes and partner capital statements.
- Assist the team on the capital call and distribution process.
- Assist in the preparation trial balances and supporting working papers and schedules
- Prepare payment instructions for investments, management fees and invoices and Investors payments.
- Interact with clients and client representatives
- Assist the team in organising, maintaining and filing of clients /funds/SPVs documents.
- Cross-training to ensure excellent overall knowledge base within the group.
- Work closely with the team members to provide relevant support on deliverables and planning.
- Coordinate with operations teams locally, in New York and globally as required.
- Client Engagement Management:
- Provide prompt and professional communications.
- Prepare appropriate material for client meetings / requests.
- Support external audit processes and other requests.
- Opportunity to work with a global team developing private equity services in EMEA.
- Participate in the implementation of new processes and technology to support new business initiatives, improve control and increase operating efficiency.
- Develop the ability to work under pressure in a high growth environment adhering to high quality processes and with a wide variety of private equity client.
- Co-ordinate Private Equity services across internal functions including Corporate Secretarial and AML.
Experience, Skills & Qualifications
- Experience working on Private Equity or Private Debt funds.
- Strong understanding of accounting principles or a strong numerical or analytical background.
- Team player – this will be very important as cross-team interaction is critical to the smooth running of the group.
In order to complete the recruitment process, the applicant selected will be requested to provide a list of documents on or before the start date including receipt of satisfactory references; evidence of qualifications (where applicable) and copy of the criminal records (Bulletin No 3 for the Grand-Duché de Luxembourg).
Data Privacy Notice
The provision of personal information through your job application will be processed in accordance with SS&C Data Privacy Notice for Candidates (https://www.ssctech.com/Portals/0/Documents/pdf-assets/SSC-EEA-Data-Protection-Policy.pdf), which the applicant hereby acknowledges having read and fully understood.
SS&C is an Equal Opportunity Employer and as such does not discriminate against any applicant for employment or employee on the basis of race, color, religious creed, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by applicable discrimination laws.